Oxbridge Programs?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: Oxbridge Programs?
By Emyh (Emyh) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 12:27 am: Edit

OK, I've never really had a chance to actually do one of these summer program type of thingies, and I have always wanted to do one... I found this one program, Oxbridge Programs (http://www.oxbridgeprograms.com), and it sounds pretty cool. I really don't care about if its really prestigious or whatever, I just want to actually LEARN this summer (yes this is how I'd like to spend my summer right before college, what can I say I'm a nerd). So has anyone ever been to one of these programs? Like how intellectually stimulating is it, it's not like I'm paying to go to England or whatever to socialize right? Cause in that case, I'd just backpack around Europe for the summer...

By Datadigit1 (Datadigit1) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 03:21 pm: Edit

I don't know how much it will help on applications, but if you can afford it then it sounds like a really cool experience. The chance to be a "student" at Oxford or Cambridge I'm sure would be the experience of a lifetime (even if it was only for a few weeks in the summer ;-) )

The history, fame and accomplishments of alumni, ect. of those two schools is in a league of its own, unmached by any other place on the planet.

I don't know much about this specific program, but if you can afford it then it might be worth checking out.

By Emyh (Emyh) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 03:56 pm: Edit

I'm graduating this year ;)
It's a lil too late for apps.

But it does sound something I'd really like to do. And they offer a full scholarship to the program, otherwise I could never hope to attend

By Emyh (Emyh) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 11:27 pm: Edit

bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page