Reccommendation letters

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: Reccommendation letters
By Dryitchyscalp (Dryitchyscalp) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 09:36 pm: Edit

i don't really need any rec letters now, but for when i do, how should i choose who i want to write them? i'm not really close with any of my teachers. would it be alright to choose say my chem teacher, even if my grade is only a C? i stay in after school a lot to finish labs and get extra help, and i hope she can tell i'm working really hard. she probably knows me best out of all my teachers. or would it be safer to use another a teacher for a class i'm doing really well in, even if i don't know the teacher very much?

By Mjl86 (Mjl86) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 09:48 pm: Edit

choose a class that you do well in right now amd suck up to the teacher.... a lot

By Northstarmom (Northstarmom) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 09:49 pm: Edit

I strongly suggest that you use the rest of your junior year to get to know some teachers. Ask questions about how you can improve in class, then apply what the teachers suggest. Let the teachers know about you and your aspirations. Just because you aren't close to many teachers now doesn't mean that needs to be the case senior year, when you'll need reccs from at least 2 teachers. And certainly get to know teachers in classes in which you are doing well.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page