Cal Poly San-Luis Obispo-Admitted students for Fall 2004!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: Cal Poly San-Luis Obispo-Admitted students for Fall 2004!
By Iamwat (Iamwat) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 12:00 am: Edit

Headed to Cal Poly SLO in the fall. Majoring in economics, part of the business school. Seems hella tight, really chill environment, fine girls, beach...anyone else gonna be there with me?

By Nikelaos (Nikelaos) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 01:24 am: Edit

bahh. still no reply :(

"Thank you for applying to Cal Poly. We have received your application. No determination has been made at this time."

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 10:30 am: Edit

you know already? lucky. the wait's killing me! :(

By Iamwat (Iamwat) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 05:04 pm: Edit

It's cuz I applied ED

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 07:59 pm: Edit

what major did you apply for?

By Iamwat (Iamwat) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 02:42 am: Edit

Economics...I actually wanna major in business administration but I was a fool and for some reason but economics cuz I thought it would be easier to get in and I really wanted to go to CP. Both majors are basically the same though...almost identical courses...but business administration sounds better

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 04:00 pm: Edit

iamwat, what were your stats?

By Iamwat (Iamwat) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 07:20 pm: Edit

3.5 weighted gpa, APs/honors classes, 6 semesters of college classes, 1250 SAT I, varsity football+other ECs...the fact that my school is ranked among the top 10(public and private) in California and is even nationally ranked(in some category I don't know for sure) probably helped a lot too.

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 07:51 pm: Edit

I've got a 3.3 Unweighted, 1250 SAT I, varsity tennis and varsity basketball (+other E.C.'s but Cal Poly didn't seem to care about your extracirruculars). My public school was ranked in the top 10 in the state of California for "publics". I applied under Business Administration. I don't think I have a chance though. Although, we sent something like 18 kids to Cal Poly last year, my school is somewhat of a Cal Poly magnet school. I'm just hoping they offer me an oppertunity to go to summer school there and enroll in a less impacted major, like viticulture (study of wine).

By Slayer (Slayer) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 08:22 pm: Edit

Congrats to yall..
Is this school the same as caltech?
This is one of the most selective schools in the country, right?

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 08:47 pm: Edit

Wrong...it's entirely different. It has the second best Architecture school in the nation, and is highly acclaimed for its engineering and in my opinion it has one of the top 5 undergraduate business programs in California (behind UCLA, Berkeley, USC).

By Iamwat (Iamwat) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 01:12 am: Edit

If you applied under something like Agriculture or particularly Forrestry(part of the Agriculture department)...you have a high chance of getting in. I've heard people people from my schools with like 3.0s and 1100s getting into Forrestry. But then again...who actually wants to base their career on a Forrestry major...

By Zero (Zero) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 12:35 am: Edit

I applied under business with a 1330 Sat and above a 4.0 gpa (weighted; i have no clue what it is unweighted). I'm anxiously awaiting acceptance, but unfortunately I decided (too late) that I would have rather applied under journalism. I know it's EXTREMELY difficult to change majors, hopefully I can pull something off.

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 10:56 am: Edit

wats the website to check your status

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 05:42 pm: Edit

bump

By Zero (Zero) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 08:23 pm: Edit

Just got an e-mail telling me I'm in!!! Look forward to seeing some of you guys next fall.

By Qwerasdf (Qwerasdf) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 08:46 pm: Edit

Got in as expected.

3.75 UW, 4.35 weighted
1390 SAT
800 Writing
800 IIC
780 Chem

SLO was always a safety school =P

By Satsuki (Satsuki) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 09:36 pm: Edit

I got the email about my acceptance as well. Cal Poly SLO is one of my safety schools too...

By J0h (J0h) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 10:35 pm: Edit

i got in =D

By Nikelaos (Nikelaos) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 12:49 am: Edit

:) :) :) i love the flash animation... hahahah

By Badreception (Badreception) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 03:27 am: Edit

hey i got in!! got a e-mail!!
i applied as a bio major.

ask if you want stats..
now awaiting damn UC's!!

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 04:57 am: Edit

So basically if you didn't get an E-mail thats as good as a rejection ;).

By Thebarnrat (Thebarnrat) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 11:21 am: Edit

Sadness. I got no such email..... *tear*. That's low if I got rejected by my safety school. 1410 SAT, 4.2W, 3.6 UW, mucho honors and APs. *ouch*

By Nikelaos (Nikelaos) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 12:20 pm: Edit

the barnrat- I doubt you'd get rejected with those kind of stats... you might just have to wait a bit.

By Bluebins (Bluebins) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 12:28 pm: Edit

For those of you who are smugly calling CalPoly your "safety", check out the info from this website:

http:/www.calpolynews.calpoly.edu/archives/01/01general/admissions.html

says that 77% of applicants who were admitted to UC Davis, opted for CalPoly instead; 85% who were accepted to both CalPoly and UC Santa Barbara, chose CalPoly; 90% of those accepted to UC Irvine and CalPoly, chose CalPoly; 64% of UCSD's accepted students who were also accepted to CalPoly, enrolled at Cal Poly; 48% of cross-admits from Berkeley decided on CalPoly; 40% of UCLA's cross-admits picked...you guessed it ... CalPoly.

Well, you get the idea, but there are a lot more schools on the list at that link if you're interested.

My point is, I wouldn't be calling Cal Poly anybody's safety. If you're lucky enough to be admitted and decide to enroll, it looks like you'd be in some pretty outstanding company.

Also, if you didn't get an e-mail, isn't it possible they just don't have your e-mail address?

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 12:32 pm: Edit

so basically if we haven't gotten an email yet, we're screwed? oh great. that's just wonderful.

By Reverie (Reverie) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 02:14 pm: Edit

:(

Some of my friends got the email... but I still wait for one.

So does this mean they send out the rejections afterwards?

By Veryproudmom (Veryproudmom) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 03:16 pm: Edit

My DS applied and this is his #1 choice. He received a letter of acceptance to Univ. of Nebraska, Lincoln which was his safety. Did those of you who rec'd an email apply ED or regular? We checked the website and nothing new yet, just saying they rec'd his application. Will they announce via email?

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 03:21 pm: Edit

Can you give me a link to where you can find out on the website if they received your app?

By Reverie (Reverie) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 03:23 pm: Edit

http://my.calpoly.edu

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 05:54 pm: Edit

Still no email. Like the classic basketball chants go, "It's all over".

By Sovereign (Sovereign) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 09:49 pm: Edit

Yeahh... I GOT IN!!!

1450 SAT
760 Math IIc
700 Bio
680 Verbal
3.56 uw, 4.0 w

As a side note: What do they mean by conditional admission?

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 09:50 pm: Edit

Don't let your grades turn to •••• or go around and shoot somebody.

By Thebarnrat (Thebarnrat) on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 03:09 am: Edit

Is there somewhere to check on the website to see if I got in ? I didn't get any email :(, but I also didn'tget any email at all today which is really strange. Thinking that my server might have been down. Ok....hoping and PRAYING that my server might have been down. Getting rejected from SLO on TOP of USC issues (they got me mixed up with someone elseis the worst case scenario...wrong filing stuff....bleck) might just push me over the edge. Grr....screw a higher education.

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 03:17 am: Edit

how did you find out they mixed you up?
that sux dude

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 03:17 am: Edit

how did you find out they mixed you up?
that sux dude

By Lame (Lame) on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 04:03 am: Edit

I'm thinking I got rejected...
/feeling bad

By Thebarnrat (Thebarnrat) on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 12:33 pm: Edit

flyguy- I'm jsut speculating, and of course I jump to the worst case scenario because I'm paranoid like that :). They have 21 people with my name applying, and they had some information wrong on the verifaction sheet they sent out....like the wrong social security number.

I'm really worried about SLO....I can't see why I woulkd be rejected. Do acceptences come in waves or something ? Should I call admissions people to see the status of my app ?

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 01:17 pm: Edit

Whatever you say William Smith.

By Srilanka12 (Srilanka12) on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 01:30 pm: Edit

what do you guys think my chances of SLo is...UC gpa 3.75 not sure what CSU gpa is...1250 SAT math 710 verbal 540..i heard they look at math more than verbal on SAT 1

By Wt8008 (Wt8008) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 01:15 am: Edit

I had 1220 SAT I, m650, v570, weighted around 3.73. I got in as civil engr major.

By Iamwat (Iamwat) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 02:31 am: Edit

Good job all you guys who got in. For those of you who are actually choosing Cal Poly to attend next fall, you rule. My AIM SN is HeyyWat, just in case you wanna know someone else who is going there also.

PEace

By Iamwat (Iamwat) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 02:33 am: Edit

Oh yeah, very good point you come across Bluebins

By Artic (Artic) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 08:45 pm: Edit

Ok I am sad now... No email for me. It still says there is no determination made yet. *prays to god, allah, buddah ect.* I applied under Chemistry, is there any chance that they do some majors later? I got into UCSC, but I am pretty sure that SLO is a tad harder. I had 1280 sat and 690 math 2c, 720 chem, and 540 :( writing for the II's. My gpa was like 3.5, anyone know whats up?

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 09:49 pm: Edit

i haven't gotten any emails either. i'm so worried. cal poly is my dream school...it's my number 1 choice, and i just have a horrible feeling i've been rejected.

maybe people are being notified depending on the major they applied for? I applied under landscape architecture.

By Veryproudmom (Veryproudmom) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 10:23 pm: Edit

DS is feeling anxious as well. Website shows still pending. This is his #1 choice as well. Good luck to you all!

By Scorp (Scorp) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 11:03 pm: Edit

CalPoly ignores SAT II scores. So their website says.

By Iamwat (Iamwat) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 11:22 pm: Edit

If anyone is wondering what conditional admission means, it means you're basically in but they still need to see your offical transcript just to make sure you didn't lie on on your app and that you graduate and pass your senior classes.

By Akperson1 (Akperson1) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 05:56 pm: Edit

I got the e-mail last Friday just as many of you did, does anyone know if this e-mail means you got into your first choice major or does it mean you just got in?

By Booboo2 (Booboo2) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 06:46 pm: Edit

WHOOHOO!!

my situation with calpoly = proof that late notification doesn't mean REJECTION

so don't lose all hope =)

By Akperson1 (Akperson1) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 06:50 pm: Edit

Booboo you just got the e-mail? What major and what are your stats? CONGRATS!

By Booboo2 (Booboo2) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 06:58 pm: Edit

yeah- polisci

1320 sat I
3.7 UW GPA, 4.0 W
a lot more than the minimum # of a-g courses (like..30)
decent extracurriculars, no job history

and i actually had to login to find out my status. they didnt send me an email

By Akperson1 (Akperson1) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 07:15 pm: Edit

I did not see the login page on the CalPoly site to find out admission status... could you point me in the right direction... just wanna see if there is more info than what I recieved in the breif e-mail?

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 07:20 pm: Edit

yeah, can someone give the site where you can go even if you didn't get an email? because the one link someone posted above my.calpoly.edu or whatever requires you to have an ID and password, and I don't know how to get that. help?

By Akperson1 (Akperson1) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 07:24 pm: Edit

YES!!! That previous link works (just set up a quick username and pass through the site) I was accepted as an EE major so that is a huge relief! Now my fate is sealed... since UCSD is the highest other school I applied to I can know that I can start the enrollment process.

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 07:27 pm: Edit

how do you set up a username and password?

By Akperson1 (Akperson1) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 07:36 pm: Edit

Click on the "Forgot your password or need to activate your account?" link on the page http://my.calpoly.edu

Good luck!

And if anyone wants to get to know someone else who is going to be at Cal Poly in Fall my AIM sn is AKperson1

By Sammywu (Sammywu) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 08:18 pm: Edit

Where can I find my student id and pin?

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 08:21 pm: Edit

thanks. it says "Thank you for applying to Cal Poly. We have received your application. No determination has been made at this time."

grrrr. :(

By Booboo2 (Booboo2) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 08:26 pm: Edit

email this person: mames@calpoly.edu

or call the admissions office @ (805) 756-2311

btw your username should be your email..GL

By Sammywu (Sammywu) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 09:14 pm: Edit

Thanks a lot, Booboo2

By Artic (Artic) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 09:17 pm: Edit

I am in the same boat as you Demonllama. If Anyone emails them and finds somthing out like if acceptences are goin in some order, or if it is in waves, ect. Post it here. Still praying...

By Coderdeity (Coderdeity) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 11:00 pm: Edit

Yay! I got accepted to Cal Poly (but im not going because i already got accepted early action to MIT). My friend is going to Cal Poly though.

By Akperson1 (Akperson1) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 11:04 pm: Edit

Congrats on MIT Coderdeity! If anyone else knows they are going to Cal Poly feel free to IM me on AIM (AKperson1).

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 07:39 pm: Edit

I GOT ACCEPTED! I didn't get an email, just checked again, and there it was!

I have a couple of questions though:
1)Everyone else was 'conditionally admitted' too, right?
2)It says I have some missing documents.
- Student Intent to Register
- Residency determination form (prev. sent to you)

will they send me more info on the stuff I have to send in? because i don't know what they mean, and I don't know who to call.

By Zero (Zero) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 07:42 pm: Edit

Congrats man! And yeah, I think everyone is 'conditionally accepted'.

By Akperson1 (Akperson1) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 07:43 pm: Edit

That is exactly what it should be, the SIR can be done online or through a form they send you in the mail but you have to wait for the letter to get a code. The conditionally means you just have to not fail out of your classes and finish high school. And the residency info should also be provided in the acceptance package.

I am also extremely excited to be going to Cal Poly SLO this coming Fall and cant wait to get my official letter of acceptance! If you have any other questions or just want to talk feel free to IM me on AIM (AKperson1).

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 08:12 pm: Edit

Demonllama, you found out by email?

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 08:28 pm: Edit

no, I never got an email. I just checked at http://my.calpoly.edu

By Djsam2004 (Djsam2004) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 08:35 pm: Edit

Receieved e-mail for Conditional Acceptance to Cal Poly SLO.
Electrical Engineering

SAT I: 1220
670 math
550 verbal
SAT II ( Math2c 640 Writing 600 US History 620)

AP’s – AP Physics, AP Calculus (4), AP English, AP US History (3)
Tons of EC’s,
Volunteer work with Amigos De Las Americas (+500 hours)

(Only because my school does not offer these…Academic Talent Development Program (Summer program); H intro-Architecture, H Algebra II/Trig (to get ahead)

Community College: Calculus II (B) , Psychology (B)

How does Cal Poly compare to NYU’s General Studies Program?

By Iamwat (Iamwat) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 08:48 pm: Edit

Cal Poly Class of '08 Represent

By Akperson1 (Akperson1) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 09:11 pm: Edit

Djsam2004 GPA?

By Djsam2004 (Djsam2004) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 10:30 pm: Edit

Whoops!!! forgot..

important factor...

UC/CSU standard - Weighted 4.0, and UC/CSU only look at Weighted... right?

By Djsam2004 (Djsam2004) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 10:32 pm: Edit

Everyone who just got accepted from Cal poly...write your stats!! I'm interested in seeing what kind of people got in...and who didn't, and who is actually considering cal poly, and for what reasons...

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 11:01 pm: Edit

Just checked today and found out I'm in.. Sweeet
Shame I checked today cuz apparently some scholarship they were offering had its deadline yesterday...

figures

By Akperson1 (Akperson1) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 11:18 pm: Edit

My Stats:
Accepted as EE major!
3.2 GPA
SATI = 660M/680V = 1340
Not considered but:
(SATII = 750Writing/710IIC/600Hist)
AP Calc AB and taking BC (4 on AB)
AP Physics IC and taking IIC (3 on IC)
AP Euro (3)
20-25 hr/wk work since 15yrs old
Good comm. service
2 summers internship at Fujitsu Eng. Dept.
7-10 hr/wk karate for 5 years

I am assuming that my SAT and Extras (especially the internship) helped me get in since my GPA is not too great. I actually was preparing myself for a harsh denial letter from Cal Poly since it was my #1 choice but this is definitely a VERY nice turn of events for me. I am very much looking forward to going there because of their great reputation for engineering as well as what I have heard from talking to people who went there, go there, or have siblings who go there. From all of the information I have gathered I believe this school is an excellent choice for anyone who like the hands on approach and ability to actually talk to professors after classes.

By Zero (Zero) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 11:26 pm: Edit

My Stats:
Accepted as business admin major
4.2 GPA
SATI = 640M/690V = 1330
Not considered but:
Ap Composition (4)
AP Euro (4)
0-1 hr/week homework on average.
Good comm. service
Work experience for most of high school
Co-president and co founder of Ping Pong Club
DECA 3 time national qualifier
Hockey

By Dicky_01 (Dicky_01) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 11:35 pm: Edit

Congrats to all who made it.
I got in as well

3.96W GPA, 1300 SAT1 (580V/720M)
Accepted for Comp. Engineering
it's my safety school, still waiting for UCSD

I got a question: How good is Cal Poly's engineering program compared to UCB, UCLA, UCSD, UCI, UCSB, and UCD?

By Djsam2004 (Djsam2004) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 12:01 am: Edit

Akperson1,

Hey, its DJSam2004

So we both got accepted to cal poly electrical engineering. U know more about cal poly then I do...what do you think? How strong is their engineering department compared to northwestern? Are you definitely thinking about going to Cal Poly? What kind of career are you thinking of as an electrical engineer? I'm somewhat unfamiliar with what I can do, but i know i love math and science. You obviously have much stronger credentials..was your GPA of 3.2 weighted?

And Dicky, I heard that 1:5 get acceptd into the engineering department at cal poly. My guess is that UCB and UCLA have about the same, if not a little better. I'm sure Cal Poly has much easier access to professors then UCB and UCLA.

By Akperson1 (Akperson1) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 12:10 am: Edit

DJSam2004, I sent you an e-mail responding to your questions, and yes from what I know of Cal Poly it really does hold true to it's "hands-on" motto, meaning a lot of practical expirience as well as plenty of access to profs.

By Magoo (Magoo) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 12:49 am: Edit

i know a kid who is basically a stoner got in with a 2.__ something or other, and a pretty low SAT everyone in our class was completely shocked when he found out that he got in to SLO, we were all so pissed too, he applied under acting, and his parents pulled some strings (wish i had some strings) and the funniest part yet is that he..."still doesn't know" where he wants to go...hoping for NYU.

Whatajoke...oh well thats life and i wish him luck...regretably

By Djsam2004 (Djsam2004) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 08:52 pm: Edit

Ahhh!! Crazy cal poly e-mails... did u guys watch president baker?

this is more of an excuse to just ...bump

Who else got in?!?!?!!?!!

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 10:24 pm: Edit

that's funny. i just got the email today even though i found out by checking the site myself yesterday. yeah, that president baker speech was funny.

By Uscmom (Uscmom) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 10:53 pm: Edit

My son just got his email acceptance today...architectural engineering major. He's also in at USC, Cal poly Pomona, and Arizona State...Just waiting to hear from UC Berkeley and UCSD. Where should he go?

By Artic (Artic) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 12:12 am: Edit

Did your son just not check his email for a week, or did a second round of letters go out that I was unaware of?

By Lame (Lame) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 02:39 am: Edit

I was getting worried because I hadn't received an email, but I got a lettter today saying I'm in for materials engineering. w00t!

By Reverie (Reverie) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 04:24 pm: Edit

Ahh! I still haven't gotten anything yet. I check the my.calpoly at least 5 times a day.

I'm so worried. =\

By Roh (Roh) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 05:37 pm: Edit

for cal poly, do you send your gpa for 10th and 11th grade?
i remember the application told me to send only my grade 10 and 11 gpa.

my gpa could be higher if i sent in my grade 9 gpa as well.

from grade 10 to grade 11, my gpa is 3.4
from grade 9 to grade 11, my gpa is 3.6

i wonder if anyone send their gpa from grade 9 to grade 11. hmm....

By Artic (Artic) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 06:01 pm: Edit

I hear ya reverie... I my mailbox has been a desolate wasteland filled with worthless bills and crap except for my one letter from UCSC. I check the SLO site all the time and it doesnt tell me jack I almost want to at least get the rejection so I don't have to keep on checking.

By Reality (Reality) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 05:19 am: Edit

How good are the engineering programs at SLO compared to the UCSD, UCB, and UCLA? .. i'm really curious because i am in as well :D!

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 05:33 am: Edit

Realistically with rankings aside....just as good. If I had to choose between these four schools, i'd just pick the location I liked best.

Sidenote: When did Cal Poly become so POPULAR?

By Reality (Reality) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 05:38 am: Edit

anyone else have an opinion on how good SLO is compared the engineering progroms of UCSD, UCB, and UCLA..? im really considering attending this school, i just need a few people to tip me in this direction.. :P

By Akperson1 (Akperson1) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 10:09 am: Edit

Engineering... SLO is slightly better than UCSD but not as good as UCB or UCLA. It is very close though and slightly less expensive. The one thing that I am pretty sure on is that Cal Poly does have a more hands-on approach to teaching (probably mostly years 2,3,4) than most other schools around.

By Thebarnrat (Thebarnrat) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 10:42 am: Edit

Yay...finally got in SOMEWHERE ! Got the stupid email finally. Not planning on going, but its nice to know that SOMEONE likes me. One down, six to go.

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 04:14 pm: Edit

yay my friend got in too! sweet.

By Srilanka12 (Srilanka12) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 05:44 pm: Edit

what was demonlamas friends and thebarnrats stats?? im still waiting...dammit..i didnt get anything from UCI or SLO yet...

By Peppguy (Peppguy) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 08:33 pm: Edit

How do I found out what my ID and PIN number are? I still haven't heard about my acceptance/rejection and tried to go onto the site suggested, but could not access because I didn't have the mentioned info. Please help, I'm getting worried! I thought Cal Poly would be a slam-dunk for me, now I'm not so sure. Are they still e-mailing acceptances? HELP!!!!!

By Peppguy (Peppguy) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 09:42 pm: Edit

Now What? I finally figured out how to access my admission status page and it says that "no application can be found at this time"! Luckily I have my confirmation page that says my electronic application was successfully submitted, but what happens next? I guess I'll have to call and be on hold for hours for them to figure out what's going on. This is so frustrating! At least I'm in at all the other schools I've applied to although I still haven't heard from Pepperdine. I'm in at Westmont, Biola, Baylor, and SDSU with honors. I still wanted to have the option at Cal Poly though.

By Sammywu (Sammywu) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 01:35 am: Edit

--Peppguy

How do you find out your ID and Pin #.

I think I am to only one who don't know how to access my status.

By Artic (Artic) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 02:24 am: Edit

Woot post # 100. What do you need for your pin and ID? When i log in it just wants my Username( email) and my password. Do you need that stuff to set up a username at the start and i don't remember?

By Sammywu (Sammywu) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 02:46 am: Edit

-Artic

I think people who have username and password are those who use on-line app. Unfortunately, I use the paper one. And I need ID and Pin #in order to set up an account.

Thanks for the feedback.

By Peppguy (Peppguy) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 10:03 am: Edit

I went to the admission page to set up a username. Click on the vip info link. Follow the onscreen instructions, then they will immediately send you your password that you can use. Your username is your e-mail address. I, unfortunately the first time, used the wrong e-mail address when it said my application was not on file. You must use the same e-mail address you used when you applied so they can use that to match you with their records. When I finally figured this out, I found out my application was still undecided. I don't feel very good about that! We'll just have to wait and see.

By Daniela5586 (Daniela5586) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 08:33 pm: Edit

Congratulations everyone!

I was admitted 2/27!

I received an e-mail today requesting that I apply for the Honors Program!

Yay! I still want to wait and hear back from my #1, though (Wheaton College (IL)), and the UC's.

But there's a huge possibility I'll be part of the class of 2008!

:)

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 09:16 pm: Edit

yeah, I got the honors program email too.

By Akperson1 (Akperson1) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 11:07 pm: Edit

Aww I've been brought down a notch now.. no honors e-mail for me.. oh well congrats to those of you who did get it! At least I still get to attend this school.

By Artic (Artic) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 11:19 pm: Edit

Daniela5586 what major are you going to wheaton for? I used to live in wheaton like 6 years ago, and I didn't even know there was a college there :P. Are you going because of family there or somthing special?

By Zero (Zero) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 11:27 pm: Edit

I got the honors program e-mail but I don't think I'm going to try for it. I think the primary reason to go to Wheaton is becuase of the strong Christian presence, but from what I understand Cal Poly has quite a big religious presence as well....obviously not as much as an actual Christian school, but it seems as if Christians are quite active there.

By Daniela5586 (Daniela5586) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 01:22 am: Edit

Artic- Zero is right...Wheaton is a private, Christian college. I haven't been accepted yet, but if I am, it may cost too much for me to afford. Cal. Poly. is the school I would go to in that case. And SLO does have a really strong Christian presence (big Campus Crusade for Christ), so for me that's just a bonus.

Oh, and I declared Elementary Education at Wheaton.

At Cal. Poly. I declared Liberal Studies.

By Amathew27 (Amathew27) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 10:57 pm: Edit

I got into Cal Poly and Univeristy of Texas at Austin, which one should i go to?

By Artic (Artic) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 11:03 pm: Edit

Sounds like a good school, but I don't know if I would go all the way back to wheaton just for a strong Christian backround. I like Cali too much to leave.

By Zero (Zero) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 11:22 pm: Edit

Amathew it depends on what you wanna do with your life really. I think both schools are great, and have some similar strengths (business/engineering), the main difference being Texas has like 40,000 undergrads to Cal Poly's 18,000, and Cal Poly is located in California. Basically the location, the great education, and the (relative) affordability of Cal Poly made it a no-brainer for me.

By Thefilter0 (Thefilter0) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 01:41 am: Edit

Hey...
I got into the architecture program at Cal Poly. Anyone else in it? No one I know applied to that program here and so I don't really know how selective it is. People keep telling me it is but how selective could it be if they don't ask for a portfolio like the other schools I applied to? I am probably going to go because it's 3rd in the nation for it though.
All my friends got into Cal Poly too, in other majors, and none want to go. It seems to be a backup for everyone and no one gets excited over it which kind of puts a downer on it for me, but oh well. I really want to know how many they accepted into the architecture program, just curious. i know it was 601 last year. any idea?

By Zifnab2000 (Zifnab2000) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 02:32 am: Edit

Yeah, I was wondering why they didn't request a portfolio either, but I guess they don't really care about how much you already know, just you're ability to learn.

My stats:
SAT I: 1510 (V:800, M:710)
SAT II Writing: 800
SAT II Math IIC: 760
GPA Unweighted: 3.48
GPA Weighted: 4.28

AP US/AP Art History/: 5
AP CompSci/AP Euro: 4
AP Physics: 3

I was actually very relieved when I got into CalPoly Architecture, since I suck at math. In always score lower in anything that involves math (SAT I, SAT II, AP Physics, I got C's in PreCalc). I reallly hope they don't rescind my admission if I get a C in Calc this year. I'm Asian, and my mom would make shoot me if I applied for like an English major or something.

By Khaos1080 (Khaos1080) on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 01:12 pm: Edit

TTT for any new people going to Cal Poly! :)

By Daniela5586 (Daniela5586) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 07:27 pm: Edit

I got waitlisted at my number one so...

I turned in my SIR to Cal. Poly.

Is anyone going to the Admitted Students Day this Friday?

Hope to see you there!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page