UC Santa Barbara March Receptions

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: UC Santa Barbara March Receptions
By Calimom (Calimom) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 03:32 am: Edit

Did anyone get an invitation to attend a "UCSB Reception for High Achieving Applicants?"

By Ragingfire25 (Ragingfire25) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 12:33 pm: Edit

yea i did..does this mean we're in basically?

By Ragingfire25 (Ragingfire25) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 08:08 pm: Edit

bump

By Nucleargod (Nucleargod) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 09:30 pm: Edit

actually it does, my friend got it last year and he was accepted they basically told him at the dinner.
congrats

By Calimom (Calimom) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 11:05 pm: Edit

Wow, I hope Nucleargod is right!! Sounds good, since the website to rsvp links through the UCSB Student Affairs office. If so, congrats Ragingfire and anyone other students who received this!!

Where is the reception you're invited to? My d's invites her to one in L.A. March 14th or San Francisco March 21st.

By Ragingfire25 (Ragingfire25) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 11:22 pm: Edit

yea same here...does anybody know if uc san diego does a similar sort of thing to let u know ur in, thx

By Calimom (Calimom) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 02:53 pm: Edit

Don't know about UCSD, but found this press release from last year about UCSB's receptions:

http://www.ia.ucsb.edu/release/Display.aspx?PKey=905

By Sac (Sac) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 05:59 pm: Edit

Got one here, too. I'm sure it's the equivalent of an acceptance, so congratulations to you all.

By Alethio (Alethio) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 02:05 am: Edit

Dear [NAME],

We are pleased that you will be attending the University of California, Santa Barbara reception for high-achieving applicants. Our goal in bringing this program to your area is to provide you and your family with the opportunity to meet UCSB faculty, staff and students who will introduce you to campus departments and student services. ==Your invitation to this event does not reflect your admission status to UCSB.== Offers of admission will be mailed during the month of March.

It's not the equivalence of an acceptance, but on the other hand, why would they send out these letters or invite people to a reception if there's a possibility that most or some would be rejected from the school?

By Bluestar86 (Bluestar86) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 02:11 am: Edit

hmm what kind of stats did y'all have?

By Nikdanger (Nikdanger) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 10:42 am: Edit

is everyone in state who got one?

By Iamwat (Iamwat) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 05:06 pm: Edit

If you didn't get one...does that mean you're not in??

By Sac (Sac) on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 01:56 pm: Edit

not at all

By Stevennle (Stevennle) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 01:42 am: Edit

i got a letter from UCLA asking me to attend an engineering open house. it also mentioned that i will be getting a formal letter of acceptance in march. i dunno if its the same thing you're talking about, but i was still pretty excited to get that letter.

it stated --

"The Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science (HSSEAS) at UCLA has received many applications from outstanding students throughout California, the United States, and countries around the world. Your academic achievements have placed you among the outstanding applicants for the major of Computer Science and Engineering, and on behalf of HSSEAS, it gives me great pleasure to inform you that the Faculty of HSSEAS has recommended your admission."

By Johnsmith00 (Johnsmith00) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 08:38 pm: Edit

i didn't get one... kind of surprising since ucsb is a backup for me...
for the ones that did get one, could you post your stats? thanks a lot.

By Apricot (Apricot) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 10:50 pm: Edit

I got one... 1520 SAT, 4.33 weighted GPA.

I called the Admissions Office, and they said that it had nothing to do with admissions. The woman didn't sound like she knew too much, though.

By Qwerasdf (Qwerasdf) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 01:39 am: Edit

Ok, I don't think people would be flying/driving to UCSB unless they're accepted.

Its not a statement that you're accepted, but its quite obvious you are.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page