University of Maryland Decisions

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: University of Maryland Decisions
By Hockey4life90 (Hockey4life90) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 11:05 am: Edit

Hey guys! I figured i'd start a thread for UMDCP decisions...I just got in today...popular to contrary belief they ARE online...I'm so excited right now! So post your decisions here! Best of luck to all!

-RC

By Qwy (Qwy) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 11:11 am: Edit

I checked it online. It only listed the documents they received, and did not mention the acceptance or no.

By Elfie15 (Elfie15) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 11:15 am: Edit

http://www.admit.umd.edu/decision/decision.html

go there

By Hockey4life90 (Hockey4life90) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 11:17 am: Edit

You're on the wrong web page...you're on the "documents recieved" webpage...you need to go to www.uga.umd.edu....click on "admitted" at the bottom of the screen....then once you get into the admitted page, read the first paragraph and it tells you to "click here to see your admissions decision" - do that and then follow the directions...Good Luck!

-RC

By Hockey4life90 (Hockey4life90) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 11:18 am: Edit

Good call Elfie...lol

By Qwy (Qwy) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 11:28 am: Edit

Thank you guys! I got in!

By Hockey4life90 (Hockey4life90) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 11:30 am: Edit

Congrats...what are your stats Qwy?

By Angstridden (Angstridden) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 11:39 am: Edit

OH MY GOD. I JUST FINISHED SCREAMING!!!!! D. got in UNIVERSITY HONORS!!!

By Hockey4life90 (Hockey4life90) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 11:42 am: Edit

Congrats!!!! Quite an accomplishment!

By Winterfresh (Winterfresh) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 12:00 pm: Edit

Congrats everyone! Even though College Park wasn't for me, it's still a great school.

By Lj2233 (Lj2233) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 12:01 pm: Edit

I just got in, too! University Scholars! Is there a difference between Scholars and Honors or whatever...? Somebody told me Scholars was the best?
Congrats to all!

By Ozmaweez7 (Ozmaweez7) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 12:31 pm: Edit

yeah i got into scholars too. anyone have any info on this?

By Voigtrob (Voigtrob) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 12:50 pm: Edit

Invited to both Honors and Gemstone. ;-)

I think the heirarchy of honors stuff at MD goes:

1. Gemstone
2. Honors
3. Scholars

in terms of difficulty to get in to, Gemstone being the toughest. Congrats to all who got in. :)
To be honest, it's really not for me... there's pretty much no chance I'll go... it was one of my safeties, my parents made me apply... haha. But nonetheless, it's definitely an amazing school... anyone heading there congrats and good luck. ;-)

By Angstridden (Angstridden) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 01:10 pm: Edit

Voigtrob..congrats! Yes you are right on the heirarchy. About 150 Honors students are invited to join Gemstone. Congrats on being one of them!!!
I am so excited. I thought she might get invited to Scholars if she got in (a fantastic opportunity)..but had no idea she might get in Honors!!! I am thrilled!

By Voigtrob (Voigtrob) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 01:13 pm: Edit

Oh yes, I remember talking about your daughter in the other thread... haha, I'm so happy for her and you - that's awesome... big congrats for both of you. :)

By Voigtrob (Voigtrob) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 01:13 pm: Edit

Btw... wow, 150? That's quite cool. Hehe, hopefully it's a good predictor of how things will turn out for my other decisions. -.-

By Angstridden (Angstridden) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 01:21 pm: Edit

Yes only 150 obviously you are very special!
Where else did you apply?

I am shocked that D. got in honors..I truly think she deserves it. She has worked hard with all AP courses now and has a 4.65 weighted GPA BUT her SAT's were not high and I thought that she would be out of the running for that reason.
I thought if she got in MD she might be considered for scholars which is also a great program.

I really learned alot from this college admissions process..I should have made her take the SAT's again and prepped for them.

By Angstridden (Angstridden) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 01:22 pm: Edit

Congrats to everyone who got in! Its a wonderful accomplishment!

By Voigtrob (Voigtrob) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 01:26 pm: Edit

My stats and list of schools, hehe:
http://www.collegeconfidential.com/discus/messages/757/47055.html

Yea, that's really awesome. Shame about the SATs though... I really hate them. Smart kids who work hard often get screwed over by the SATs, but it looks like it didn't even matter in your daughter's case, she did just fine anyways, hehe. The whole admissions thing is a big long journey, and I definitely would have done a few things differently if I had to start over (but thank goodness I don't have to, hahaha). Well like I said, that's great... is that where she wants to go?

By Lj2233 (Lj2233) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 01:32 pm: Edit

Are you sure Scholars is at the bottom? If so, I'm really disappointed...

By Angstridden (Angstridden) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 01:33 pm: Edit

Wow! Those are some heavy duty school choices. How did you come to select UMDCP as a university choice over others?
My D. did not take the SATII's she said she wasnt interested in going to any small school and the big ones didn't need it.
She was very conservative in her choices. I knew that she would most likely not get scholarships at schools like Cornell and Duke and the price to attend is more than what I want to spend. In addition she does not have a field of study that merits such a school. She just needs a good, challenging school that is affordable.
(I saved for her ed. and dont want to take out loans) So
we picked JMU and Towson as safeties. American cus it seemed interesting.
UMDCP , UNC and William and Mary as top picks.
NOW UNC and William and Mary are both very selective ..UNC taking only 17% from Out of state , she was deferred from there (they said it was her SAT's)
William and Mary we dont know yet.
We will hear from both end of March.

By Angstridden (Angstridden) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 01:36 pm: Edit

Dont feel disappointed. Voigtrob's order is correct (Gemstone is first, then Honors then Scholars)..BUT they still pick very few out of the thousands that apply to be Univerisity to be Scholars. Just cus someone has the stats to be a scholar doesnt mean they get in.
You were handpicked!

By Lj2233 (Lj2233) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 01:38 pm: Edit

I guess so. It's just somewhat disappointing, I'm definitely 'there' for Honors and Gemstone stats-wise; I had several C's but there were mitigating circumstances... my counselor is calling the other schools to explain, should I try to see if I can get into Maryland Honors then??

By Voigtrob (Voigtrob) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 01:40 pm: Edit

Well I essentially applied because I had to. At my school, which is sort of a super-competitive public school, almost everyone estimated (we're unranked) in the top 10% applies to MD as a safety. Not to mention, my mom went to UMDCP, and she is SUPER protective (she really wants me to stay as close to home as possible... lol I want to go as far as possible -.-) so it was basically implied from the very beginning that I 'had' to apply, lol. I'm mostly interested in small to medium-small schools (as you could see Cornell was the biggest on my list aside from MD), and I don't really think MD is a great fit for me, but again... I basically couldn't not apply. ;P

That's a real shame about UNC... friend of mine just got rejected from there out of state EA... they're definitely quite tough. But hopefully they'll see the light for your daughter. :)
Either way, very cool about MD.

By Sadeyedlady (Sadeyedlady) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 01:44 pm: Edit

I just checked my email and I got in.

I was a bit disappointed, because I was kind of hoping that they would screw up my application so that I wouldn't get in.

Getting in means there's a chance I'll have to go :(

By Sadeyedlady (Sadeyedlady) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 01:45 pm: Edit

Voigtrob, do you go to BCC or Whitman? I go to Blair. Maryland was my safety too. So much so that I didn't answer their retarded short answers.

I wanted to go to BCC so badly last year, (when I first moved to Maryland) but the house we live in is in Silver Spring, so I got stuck at Blair.

By Voigtrob (Voigtrob) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 01:47 pm: Edit

Whitman, actually. Yea I almost feel the same way... haha, I'm really hoping my parents don't say, "You got into Gemstone, you're going!" -.-

By Angstridden (Angstridden) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 01:52 pm: Edit

Honors and Scholars is by invitation only and I dont think they just use stats. I dont know how you could get switched into a different program. The person I spoke with told me you could NOT go up to Honors from Scholars but you could go to Scholars from Honors if you wanted to do so.
So I dont think calling would do anything. BUT if you feel it would then you should.
As far as being there for Gemstone statswise..what were your stats?
Yes Voigtrob D. called UNC and was told that her application was outstanding but the SAT was not as high as they expect for out of staters..I think they said 1405 was average for out of staters.
They said she should feel HONORED to be Deferred!! LOL I dont know about that. So she is not out of the running there.
I am not sure which she will choose she hasnt come home from school yet to find out she got in MD honors.!

By Hockey4life90 (Hockey4life90) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 01:52 pm: Edit

Anyone know what percentage UMDCP accepts out of state?

By Sadeyedlady (Sadeyedlady) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 01:56 pm: Edit

I don't think I'll tell my parents until April when the rest of the decisions come out. I don't want them to get any ideas...

Whitman is a great school. You are very lucky. By living in a rich area, you've escaped the hellhole that is underfunded public school (ie Blair) :/

By Voigtrob (Voigtrob) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 02:00 pm: Edit

Haha... Whitman still seems pretty underfunded to me. ;P
But yea, I know I'm lucky... I like Whitman.

Are you in the magnet program at Blair? I hear really good things about that... but Blair overall seems to be sorta overpopulated, heh... what is it like 4000 kids?

By Voigtrob (Voigtrob) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 02:02 pm: Edit

Btw, you are right about the rich area tho... I was having a problem with the Fafsa a bit ago, and I was asking around to see if any of my friends knew the answer... and wouldn't you believe it, almost none of my friends even bothered to fill out the darn thing! Arr. So frustrating, darn spoiled bethesda kids. -.-

By I1lmatics (I1lmatics) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 02:07 pm: Edit

accepted to umd and college park scholars as well

By I1lmatics (I1lmatics) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 02:09 pm: Edit

how selective is scholars?

By Angstridden (Angstridden) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 02:20 pm: Edit

I think its like 28% from Out of state..
Scholars is very selective. Think of the thousands of kids that go there. Only a select group is chosen to participate in scholars and honors. You could find out more at the site.

By I1lmatics (I1lmatics) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 02:28 pm: Edit

yah their site says 70-90 kids in each scholars program...there's 12 programs total so around a 1000ish kids get in ..however im wondering if that numbers is reflective of just freshman or sophmores as well since its a two year program

By I1lmatics (I1lmatics) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 02:33 pm: Edit

the business scholars program must be real selective since the business school in general is tougher than most otehr colleges at the university.. im happy :)

By Winterfresh (Winterfresh) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 02:42 pm: Edit

Looks like College Park has a magical effect on people. You guys don't know how much my dad was pressuring me to apply. Now he expects me to transfer there after two years.

By Angstridden (Angstridden) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 02:56 pm: Edit

thats right..but does admission to the college and to scholars or honors mean you will be accepted into the program of your choice ie business or whatever?

BTW I saw where about 700 get into honors.

By Sammgc68 (Sammgc68) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 03:02 pm: Edit

Hey all, please excuse my ignorance but what exactly is the gemstone thingie you're talking about? By the way, I go to Wootton.

By Sammgc68 (Sammgc68) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 03:05 pm: Edit

Eh, never mind, I saw the website.

By I1lmatics (I1lmatics) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 03:53 pm: Edit

angstriden im assuming it means you got into the program of your choice since honors or scholars is an even more selective addition to whatever major you chose... i remember you said ur D was doing Smith... I highly doubt ALL smith students qualify for honors thus i would think its safe to assume shes in there

By Hikarikun (Hikarikun) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 03:59 pm: Edit

got in...

and invited to univ. Honors program...

I didn't make it to jemstone though;(

I think I'll go to UIUC instead of UMCP...(majoring in CS)

I go to QO. sounds like many ppl in this thread are from montgomery county

By Angstridden (Angstridden) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 05:26 pm: Edit

No she didnt do Smith. Isnt that a girls school? She wanted a big school..Got deferred at UNC..and is waiting on William and Mary.

By Sadeyedlady (Sadeyedlady) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 05:49 pm: Edit

Gemstone accepts 150 students and is for technology/science people.

Honors humanities accepts 50 students and is for humanities majors.

I just found out I got into the latter, (It didn't say on the email) so Maryland is looking better to me~

By Crazyandy (Crazyandy) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 05:51 pm: Edit

Hey all, what kind of chance do u think I have of admittance? I'm impatiently awaiting my decision lol

http://www.prstats.com/display.php?user=crazyandy

By Zzii (Zzii) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 06:54 pm: Edit

In, honors, and gemstone. Definately takes the edge off all the other decisisons! Congrats to all who got in.

By Anonymous888 (Anonymous888) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 06:54 pm: Edit

Just checked decision-still none!
What does this mean?
Do they only post acceptances(nobody on this post has been denied yet)?

By Terpfan101 (Terpfan101) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 07:23 pm: Edit

got in too, honors, instate. it was expecting it, so no big surprise but nice to hear, (1470sat and 4.35wgpa). Its my second choice (realistic) after UVA since i odnt expect to get into wharton or duke and prefer to go to cp over vanderbilt and emory. (i go to churchill btw) congrats to everyone else! I didnt realize how few got into gemstones. I made it a point in that question that i would like to do research just not in the areas of scinece and tech. I applied to smith. They didnt mention which school you got into but i am presuming that ppl are accepted to their first choice.

By I1lmatics (I1lmatics) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 08:19 pm: Edit

quick question do you think all those excepted into gemstone/honors/scholars will recieve scholarship money?

By I1lmatics (I1lmatics) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 08:19 pm: Edit

accepted*

By Giants43565 (Giants43565) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 09:11 pm: Edit

hey whats up everyone.... i applied to maryland and when i came onto my email account that i gave to them, there is no notice from maryland saying that i got accepted. Also, i am not able to log onto the admission decision site to see if i got accepted. Would the fact that i did not receive an email mean that i did not get accepted? thank you for your response

By Angstridden (Angstridden) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 09:47 pm: Edit

Sadeyed..how did you find out you got into HONORS HUMANITIES? My D. applied to the business school..we know she got in honors..so does that put her in the business school honors? Or do you get a choice or what?

So is gemstone just for science and techies?

Giant...we had to really play around at the site before we could get the decision to show up.
Use the link posted near the top of the discussions..then click on admission decision..you may have to do it a few times ..

By Callofthewind (Callofthewind) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 10:41 pm: Edit

No, gemstone is not just for science and techies, I applied to the business school and was accepted to honors and gemstone. I'm instate and at my school alone (not blair hs) I've already counted about 20 ppl who have gotten into gemstone/honors, which is kind of weird considering they only invite 150 kids?

By Sadeyedlady (Sadeyedlady) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 10:45 pm: Edit

I got into Honors Humanities by logging into the website and it said blah blah...I got into both the honors program and honors humanities. I will choose humanities, though, since it's smaller, and English lit is what I am interested in.

There are 3 programs; honors, gemstone, and honors humanities. They are all separate, but I think gemstone and honors humanities can take honors classes while honors can't take gemstone and honors humanities classes.

Gemstone is an honors program where you get to do research. It's a research program for all majors, but the focus is in science and technology. You don't have to be in those fields, but that's what it leans towards. It's good for anyone interested in research.

By Elfie15 (Elfie15) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 10:53 pm: Edit

No, I don't think they only invite 150 students. That's how many students decide to enroll. "Typically, 180 University Honors freshmen are Gemstone students." (from the webpage)

I'm sure they accept a LOT more students because obviously these students are qualified and have the possibility of attending more prestigious schools so the yield rate must be low for the program.

By Angstridden (Angstridden) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 11:26 pm: Edit

I see where D. was accepted Sadeyed..but it doesnt have further info on which honors program she was put in..or if it does where would that be? Or did you get something in the mail with a new pin that gave you more info.

By Angstridden (Angstridden) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 11:28 pm: Edit

isnt the honors humanities..the same as the honors program..just the specific division?

By Dumplingdude (Dumplingdude) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 11:58 pm: Edit

hey everyone...i was just accepted into Maryland business as well as the honors program. I am stoked about it...i hope to see all you guys there next year. Does anyone have any info on the dorms and whatnot and how good the honors program is exactly (in addition to any benefits the people in the program receive)? Im pretty curious as far as that goes. Again, congrats to everyone!

By Sizandy (Sizandy) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 12:02 am: Edit

Congratulations to you all.

I'm one of the lucky few with no decision.

shrug. i'm thankful bc i could have been flat out denied. but instead, i gotta wait it out.

and to those with no decision... it means they haven't sent out our letter yet. I called today and asked :)
the ppl with decisions have their letters on their way to their mailboxes.

Congratulations again. I knew pretty much all of you would get in. College Confidential has about a 99.99% genius rate.

By Sadeyedlady (Sadeyedlady) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 12:05 am: Edit

No, they're different...There isn't a specific honors program for every division.

this is from the webpage...

"Each year Honors Humanities admits about fifty new students into the program.....The Honors Humanities program features a living/learning experience, an academically challenging curriculum, and attentive advising by program faculty. Honors Humanities students live and work within a close-knit residential community located in Easton Hall. As part of this community, Honors Humanities students have special opportunities to attend lectures; dance, musical, and theatrical performances; poetry readings; and other activities of intellectual and cultural interest. "

"There are three university-wide honors programs at Maryland, Honors Humanities, University Honors, and Gemstone."

"Honors Humanities includes an individual research project undertaken over a period of four semesters, the curriculum of University Honors does not include a multi-semester research project. Honors Humanities and Gemstone are similar in that both involve students in multi-semester research projects."

"While the curricular requirements of Honors Humanities are focused on humanities and arts, the curricular requirements of Gemstone are focused on technology and science, and (c) while the Honors Humanities research project involves individual research, the Gemstone research project involves research conducted by teams of students."

So, your daughter wasn't put in a specific honors program because it's not broken down, unlike the Scholars program.

By Pcqo (Pcqo) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 12:28 am: Edit

people I can't check the decision. It still says wron S.id or pin. But I am sure I am tryping correctly

By Woogiewilly25 (Woogiewilly25) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 12:44 am: Edit

AHHH I got in :)....mother of God talk about a relief?

By Angstridden (Angstridden) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 08:17 am: Edit

Dumplingdude..how do you know you specifically got into the business department? Was that on the website?
Ok Sadeyed..that sounds like a neat program! My D. was MD scholar finalist in academics and art. She wants to major in business ..so I see why she was not in honors humanities or gemstone as thats not her interest. What an honor for you!

By Toad121 (Toad121) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 11:25 am: Edit

you need an sat score of 1300 to be admitted to the business school as a freshman. I was told there were no exceptions,

By Toad121 (Toad121) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 11:36 am: Edit

gemstone is more selective than regular honors but admission is not determined by your major.....your major won't affect your chances of getting in..your qualifications are the only determinant

By Elfie15 (Elfie15) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 11:43 am: Edit

I don't know if the requirement of a 1300 for the business school is a new policy or what not but last year my friend who attended a well known and very competitive high school in potomac got into the business school with a 1270 and 4.3 weighted gpa. He was not invited to attend any special programs and was not given any scholarships.

Anyone know any good/bad things about the special programs? I have heard mostly horrible things about gemstone from my friends who are attending umcp - about how most people drop out after freshman year because it's a waste of time and how the gemstone students are generally disliked throughout the whole campus. has anyone else heard stories like this?

By Vulcano (Vulcano) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 12:08 pm: Edit

Office of Undergraduate Admissions

We are unable to offer you a decision on your Fall 2004 application at this time.
You will be contacted as soon as the decision process is complete.

Thank you for your interest in the University of Maryland

What the hell? I applied in November and still nothing? Could this possibly mean I am rejected or have something to do with me being an international?

By Sizandy (Sizandy) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 12:11 pm: Edit

lol what u heard about gemstone is true.
I don't wanna discourage anyone from it though but i've heard a lot from my friends (that are currently in it) about how it's pretty bad. i've also heard that scholars is bad too... but honors is where it's at.

don't let this discourage you from these programs because you should try it for yourself.
i'm sure everyone here that got into it can handle it and might love it. who knows? just don't let me discourage you. but if u got into honors.. definitely go.

By Sizandy (Sizandy) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 12:17 pm: Edit

Vulcano, I'm in the same position as you. I applied in November and still nothing. But not to worry because I called the admissions office and they said it did not mean I was rejected. They only put the decisions online if they had sent it out [by mail] yesterday so it just means they haven't sent out our decision. They'll be finishing up Early Action decisions next week and putting the rest online.

Good luck!

By I1lmatics (I1lmatics) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 12:52 pm: Edit

what did you hear bad about scholars im debating whether or not to do their business program theme

By Nan817 (Nan817) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 12:58 pm: Edit

I'm in. Got into the Scholars program.

By Sizandy (Sizandy) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 01:18 pm: Edit

Scholars you have to do all this community service and extra work. It's still better than Gemstone though.

with Gemstone you have to do all these pointless projects and there's a lot of extra work you have to do. There's a high drop out rate of Gemstone because no one wants to do their research project and such.

There isn't any extra work in Honors and you get to take cool classes and some honors seminars while you still get the name of being in Honors.

Again. don't let me discourage you. you should all try gemstone/scholars/honors for yourself to see if you like it.

By Vulcano (Vulcano) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 01:35 pm: Edit

Thanks sizandy.

By Ctkid (Ctkid) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 01:47 pm: Edit

Where in the email does it say if you got into honors or whatever?

I got accepted but it doesn't say anything about that. Sort of surprised that everyone in here with comparable stats was accepted to honors and I didn't.

Still happy though.

By Voigtrob (Voigtrob) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 03:41 pm: Edit

The e-mail doesn't say whether you got into honors/gemstone/whatever, you have to check the decision online to see that.

By Woogiewilly25 (Woogiewilly25) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 04:07 pm: Edit

I didn't get an email, my decision is just posted on the website...should I have gotten an email?

By Hockey4life90 (Hockey4life90) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 04:30 pm: Edit

I got an e-mail about an hour after i saw my decision on the website...if thats any help

By I1lmatics (I1lmatics) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 10:43 pm: Edit

quick question should the people accepted into gemstone/honors/scholars expect some kind of sholarship $$ ?

By Juliet1 (Juliet1) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 09:08 am: Edit

Hi, Bump to the question above and also, if you are accepted to University Honors program, please tell me the benefits and are you automatically accepted into the Mechanical Engineering Honors Program?

By Angstridden (Angstridden) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 09:25 am: Edit

Yes..if D. got into Honors..did she get into Business program?
Ok I see where Smith is the school of business..LOL I was thinking you meant a different school.
I guess we will have to wait till she gets her letter to see.

By Bobbyd (Bobbyd) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 08:24 pm: Edit

I didn't get into Gemstone and I was in-state (Honors though). Does this mean I have 0 chance at Yale/Princeton?

By Ctkid (Ctkid) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 09:57 pm: Edit

Bobby, you are correct. You have 0 chance at Yale/Princeton. Maryland called both schools to see if they accepted you in order to decide on sending you to Gemstone or Honors and when they heard that you had 0 chance at both schools, they put you in the honors program instead of the gemstone program.

Sorry to let your hopes up :)

By Woogiewilly25 (Woogiewilly25) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 10:13 pm: Edit

I have a dumb question...my ex boyfriend is a freshman at BC, and before he left he was able to order season tickets to all the sporting events...instead of buying them before each game etc....does maryland do that too? offer the shot to buy before the seasons? any ideas?

By I1lmatics (I1lmatics) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 10:32 pm: Edit

you can buy season tickets before the season.. i have friends who go there who have done it

By Bdiddy16 (Bdiddy16) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 05:21 pm: Edit

WoW!!! I got into UMCP honors also and my stats are way lower then everybody elses.

1260 SAT 26 ACT, 3.3 GPA and barely made top 25%. African AMerican

I'm still waiting for other college decisions but UMCP is my choice.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page