If you had a chance to meet an important figure who would u

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: If you had a chance to meet an important figure who would u
By Pwiddles (Pwiddles) on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 12:23 pm: Edit

I was just wondering: If u had a chance to meet an imprtant figure who would you meet and why? I was asked this by a friend who just recently had a college interview. Luckily I was not asked this in mine. I still cant think of who I would want to meet.

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 12:55 pm: Edit

Ronald Reagan. Very interesting guy, he was...That can't even be denied by his enemies.

By Stanfordrulez (Stanfordrulez) on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 12:58 pm: Edit

The Dalai Lama.
I've met him once, and I'd love to meet with him again. He had this well, how do I put it, amazing aura around him...
Something that I'd love to experience all over again.

By Pwiddles (Pwiddles) on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 01:02 pm: Edit

Candi1657- can you expand on your thoughts about Ronald Reagan. I am intersted to know what you mean?

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 01:11 pm: Edit

I mean particularly his emphasis on decentralizing government and cutting taxes, when he had lots of vocal opposition. Plus, he did some really fun and cheesy movies, hehehehe...

By Pwiddles (Pwiddles) on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 02:04 pm: Edit

yeah you are right

are you a big history person?

i am

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 02:08 pm: Edit

No not really, but I am interested in politics.

By Musefinity (Musefinity) on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 02:19 pm: Edit

Sylvia Plath, if you can bring back people from the dead. I just very much admire her and it would mean a lot to me just to be able to have a conversation. Not talk about writing or greatness or any of that crap, just talk about life.

By Chicken (Chicken) on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 02:42 pm: Edit

i would meet myself in 20 years after i've taken over the world

By Chicken (Chicken) on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 02:44 pm: Edit

and i'd ask..."how'd you do it? could i get some tips? and btw...what happened to that chick you dated some time ago?"

By Muzicgal04 (Muzicgal04) on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 05:07 pm: Edit

Hillary Clinton

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 05:11 pm: Edit

uuggghhh...

By Becks777 (Becks777) on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 05:40 pm: Edit

David Beckham, Jennifer Aniston ( if "important" doesnt necessarily mean politics, history etc)

By Yugekorb (Yugekorb) on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 05:46 pm: Edit

does dostoevsky count?

By Marinakitchen (Marinakitchen) on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 06:18 pm: Edit

"I mean particularly his emphasis on decentralizing government and cutting taxes, when he had lots of vocal opposition. Plus, he did some really fun and cheesy movies, hehehehe... "

He is also responsible for half of the homeless people you see out on the streets, had a major economic downturn during his administration, and was an anti-homosexual, anti-women's rights kinda guy. I would like to meet him only to to say, "go •••• yourself".

Oh, I do not have to meet you to say ... By-Bye, Marina. I warned you before for abusive language and gave you another chance. It was a mistake. Do not attempt to register again.
Moderator Trinity

By Nitroxideracer (Nitroxideracer) on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 06:23 pm: Edit

Go ahead, Marinakitchen. You can do whatever the heck you wanna do. Yeah, why don't you just blame ALL the world's problems on Pres. Reagan. It should make you feel better.

Quite frankly, your logic here makes about as much sense as this: You sneezed today, therefore I'll eat a hamburger next week.

BTW, I'd love to meet Mr. Reagan as well.

By Madhouse (Madhouse) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 06:09 pm: Edit

Bruce Lee, and ask how did he die...

By Culovv (Culovv) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 06:33 pm: Edit

Descartes.

By Haruko (Haruko) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 06:37 pm: Edit

Stanfordrulez, how did you meet the Dalai Lama? I know he gives lectures and frequents conferences @_@ Waii. If you have any information on his goings to the US I would be very much appreciative.

By Haruko (Haruko) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 06:39 pm: Edit

Madhouse: Didn't Bruce Lee OD on drugs? o_O At least that's what I watched on from E! Hollywood True Stories. (::only for Bruce Lee I will watch it::)

Oh yeah, I would meet the Dalai Lama or Jack Kerouac.

By Slayer (Slayer) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 07:37 pm: Edit

Sarah Michelle Gellar---because she's my hero!!!

Ok, i guess I wouldn't say this in an interview though. They'd take me for the teenybopper that I am and toss me out the door!

I'd like to meet Jane Goodall or Joan of Arc :)

By Unditsy (Unditsy) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 07:56 pm: Edit

Elton John!!!!!!!!!

By Stanfordrulez (Stanfordrulez) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 01:52 am: Edit

Quote:

Stanfordrulez, how did you meet the Dalai Lama? I know he gives lectures and frequents conferences @_@ Waii. If you have any information on his goings to the US I would be very much appreciative.

Hey Haruko!
I'm sorry, I really don't have any such information. I met him on a visit to India once-- at his home in the Himalayas... We had a private audience with him in his living room-- seriously, it was really really awesome-- he was soo down-to-earth, funny [very funny... joked about himself in fact], really enlightened [as you know], and a very humble person-- something lacking in other leaders of the world.

By Haruko (Haruko) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 02:09 am: Edit

AMAZING! Your response really knocked me down ^_^;;

I've only read his autobiography and that's the closest I know about him. Anyhow, thanks for responding. :)

By Stanfordrulez (Stanfordrulez) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 08:22 am: Edit

No problemo :)
As I said, I'd love to re-live that moment....
I plan to read his autobiography sometime during those six months I have between high school and college.

By Jennyzsong (Jennyzsong) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 11:40 am: Edit

i said sylvia plath too :) she's my hero(ine)

By Rohit_Sn (Rohit_Sn) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 11:54 am: Edit

I would like to meet Bill gate? Have any of you met him?

By Musefinity (Musefinity) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 07:28 pm: Edit

No... But I live where he's from so he donates a bunch of stuff to my school

By Bobbyh (Bobbyh) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 07:45 pm: Edit

roger federer, sampras, agassi, and james blake. man i hate lleyton hewitt.

By Jordana (Jordana) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 07:56 pm: Edit

I would totally love to meet Elton John too!!!!!!!!!!! I love him. WOW, everyone i tell i like Elton John thinks i am weird. Nice to see that i am not the only weird person out there.

I would also like to meet...
JFK
Ronald Reagan
Ceaser
Queen Elizabeth II
Jane Austin
Bill Gates
Condi Rice
Arnold Swarzennagger(sp?)
Hugh Grant
Grace Kelly
and anyone from Austrailia :)

By Jordana (Jordana) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 07:58 pm: Edit

o ah...I would also love to meet Oprah!!!!

By Jordana (Jordana) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 08:46 pm: Edit

Sorry for another post but i wanted to add....
Bill Oriely. I know i am going to get yelled at for this, but i have always thought that the best moment in my life you be and arguement with Bill. Whether or not you like him you have to admit he is a great arguer and very entertaining.
PS I would also love to meet G Gordon Litty (SP?)

By Musefinity (Musefinity) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 09:29 pm: Edit

I don't think he's a great arguer, I think he's just obnoxious. There was this one episode where this lady was holding a perfectly logical argument supporting gay marriages and Bill O'Reilly kept screaming at her with these kindergarten-comebacks like "Well what if dogs wanted to get married! Who'd be stoping them?"

It didn't even make sense. He needs to stop worshipping everything Republican and start thinking for himself.

By Everet (Everet) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 10:18 pm: Edit

I would like to meet Malcolm X, and Robert F. Kennedy.

By Jordana (Jordana) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 05:57 pm: Edit

I dont really think Bill worships too many republican views. I have a lot of republican views and i dont agree with him on many things. I just think he has a lot of religious view which many repunlicans have as well. Not to say no one else has religious views i know many religious people who aren't republicans

By Curiousgeorge23 (Curiousgeorge23) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 09:27 pm: Edit

Elton John and Bob Marley.... though I guess if this was an interview I would say some "important" historical figure, probably someone from before the 20th century.

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 09:29 pm: Edit

Cool point, Jordana!

By Daggerlee (Daggerlee) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 09:52 pm: Edit

Philip K. Dick

By Xdtish (Xdtish) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 09:58 pm: Edit

I would LOVE to meet Michael Jackson...despite all the child-molestation charges, he is just such an interesting figure in our pop culture. I just saw on Court TV that there's an actual Michael Jackson class taught by a Yale profesor currently. They examine his videos and such. I would die to attend one of those.

Let's all be honest, sure he's a BIT weird, the man is an artistic genuis in the music industry.

By G2go1818 (G2go1818) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 10:03 pm: Edit

Britney Spears....i would like to go a little farther than just meeting her.

By Nyapplicant (Nyapplicant) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 11:43 pm: Edit

google "the best page in the universe"

maddox has something to say about bill o'reilly

By Crnchycereal (Crnchycereal) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 11:48 pm: Edit

I don't think I'd want to meet Maddox. The guy has some really funny and interesting stuff to say about virtually every topic, but he doesn't strike me as the type of guy who's very sociable.

By Haruko (Haruko) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 02:20 am: Edit

I like Maddox more as an internet personality.

By Foreignboy (Foreignboy) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 02:48 am: Edit

Bono!!

By Dohinc (Dohinc) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 06:52 am: Edit

RL Stein

By Najy (Najy) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 08:08 am: Edit

id love to meet nader right now so i can ask him who the hell he thinks he is. this is ridiculous!

By Shahab (Shahab) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 08:58 am: Edit

michael jackson. then i would pay for an operation to fix his voice box so he doesnt sound as freaky as he looks (him being in like 100 million in debt and all)

By Hannah86 (Hannah86) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 09:09 pm: Edit

Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
Princess Diana

By Hannah86 (Hannah86) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 09:10 pm: Edit

oops double post..

By Ceo1093 (Ceo1093) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 09:20 pm: Edit

Cleopatra

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 09:25 pm: Edit

I would wanna meet Janet Jackson and we could both have wardrobe malfunctions!

j/k!

By Sushigonewerong (Sushigonewerong) on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 10:55 pm: Edit

Jimmy Carter or Eleanor Roosevelt

By I1lmatics (I1lmatics) on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 01:15 am: Edit

Donald Trump and Bill O'reily

By Zephyrmaster (Zephyrmaster) on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 01:19 am: Edit

People I would like to meet:

Chuck Yeager (I have an autograph at least)
2pac, if he were alive (I own a CD at least... :p hahahahahha)

By Twinkletoes696 (Twinkletoes696) on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 02:41 am: Edit

Audrey Hepburn
Baryshnikov
Donald Rumsfeld
John Edwards
Stephen Hawking
Thomas Edison
FDR
JFK
Andy Roddick
Julia Roberts
Reese Witherspoon
Marco Polo
Versace
Vera Wang
Jonas Salk

And the list goes on and on...

By I1lmatics (I1lmatics) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 12:27 am: Edit

I like rumsfeld's personality

By Scorp (Scorp) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 12:34 am: Edit

If you can bring people back from the dead for me to meet I'd much rather meet you anyway.

By Umawkward (Umawkward) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 02:05 am: Edit

bono of u2...he is amazing

By Twinkletoes696 (Twinkletoes696) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 02:11 am: Edit

I'd also like to meet:
Nicole Kidman
Tony Blair
J.D. Salinger
F. Scott Fitzgerald
Marc Brown, author of the ARTHUR series
Sean Connery
Steven Spielburg
Oprah Winfrey... Oprah does EVERYTHING
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Brandon Boyd (Incubus lead singer)
Eleanor Roosevelt
Chris Carabba (Dashboard Confessional)

By Hautbois (Hautbois) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 02:13 am: Edit

Heh ... a student of mine just had this as a college essay question. Funny someone should "happen" to ask it here!

It would depend upon whether we're talking throughout history or just who is alive now ... what a tough question, though!

Emily Dickenson would be interesting. I'd love to know what was going on with her -- did she WANT recognition for all that writing? Was she just happily writing as a recluse, not expecting recognition?

But what a difficult question.

Maybe Wilberforce ... I would like to hear him talk.

Or, for conflict and a negative side, maybe Hitler ... I'd like to figure out why he was so hate-filled. (But, then again, I doubt I could handle his words.)

By Ajhayes (Ajhayes) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 02:46 am: Edit

SHAQUILLE O'NEAL :)

By Moosemilk (Moosemilk) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 02:55 am: Edit

I can't believe no one said Jesus yet. That's who I'd meet

By I1lmatics (I1lmatics) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 12:54 pm: Edit

larry king has to be pretty interesting he only knows praticaly every celebrity/ policital figure who ever existed

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page