Grades after ED

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: February 2003 Archive: Grades after ED
By rayale on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 07:32 pm: Edit

How much to they matter? I got into Yale ED. And they knew about the 81 I got for the first quarter in AP Chem....how much can I slack off?

By Me12345 on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 08:17 pm: Edit

Yeah, I wanna know too. I got into Cornell ED, and I don't wanna have my acceptance revoked.

By dfad on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 11:35 pm: Edit

me too for stanford!

By adfasd on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 04:43 pm: Edit

??

By help on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 06:29 pm: Edit

Post stats, people!!!!! Help others once you're in!

By logansmith on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 07:47 pm: Edit

yeah I wanna know too.. I got in NYU ED

By um...no on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 07:52 pm: Edit

How should I rescind an application?

By adfad on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 07:04 pm: Edit

what gpa do you need to maintain?

By hustla on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 01:52 am: Edit

duke told me that i would be "reconsidered" (im guessing rejected) if i got a C, got arrested, or got suspended

By biggreen on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 12:49 am: Edit

dartmouth said i could drop a full point in my gpa. oh, and to rescind an app you have to do it in by letter (not e-mail or telephone).

By rayale on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 11:56 am: Edit

biggreeen....do you mean a full letter grade, as in A+ to B+ or an actual point, like 93 to 92, or a 4.0 to a 3.0....sorry to be pesty, but we have a screwed up system at our school, and im pretty paranoid.

By dogboy on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 04:17 pm: Edit

colleges really can`t do too much, they`re not really gonna revoke your acceptance unless is get like straight D's and F's. The simple reason is because they make your cancel ALL of your other applications when you get accepted ED.

By Jonathan Talamini on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 04:39 pm: Edit

My father knew a guy that got a few Ds and could not go to UVA, but that was a while ago. I hope DOGBOY is right, but would this hold true for EVERY college? Are a few Cs acceptable for Columbia? Does anyone else have input or personal experience with having admission offers rescinded due to poor grades? I think this is an extremely important issue for MANY seniors who've been accepted early and I would very much appreciate a definitive answer.

By aaa on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 05:26 pm: Edit

one of my good friends got into yale lats year ed
she got 3 f's afterwards
they made her write letters, and put her on probabtion, but she was still allowed to go

By dogboy on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 06:09 pm: Edit

Well, JONATHAN, Dont get C`s or D`s if your worried about it. Is it too hard to just get B`s or is that too difficult for ya.

By dogboy on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 06:11 pm: Edit

HAHAHAHAAHAHA, Stupid Mothaf##ka

By Jonathan Talamini on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 07:08 pm: Edit

Hmm...is it too hard to just get B's or is that too difficult for me? GOOD QUESTION, DOGBOY! Wow, why didn't I get you to proof-read my college essays?

By cornell ED acceptee on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 07:24 pm: Edit

Haha dogboy you fuckin idiot. But then again, Jonathan, if you got into Columbia ED, I'm sure that getting straight B's wouldn't be too much of a challenge for you.

By rgwrg on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 07:25 pm: Edit

excellent. thanks guys, this makes me feel so much better since i'll be failing my physics final tomorrow. :)

By dogboy on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 07:46 pm: Edit

Jonathan and that Cornell Mo Fo, I dont proof-read the shiznit that i put on my posts. Since, I really dont give a rolly polly shiznit. My English teacher isnt goin to grade my posts, therefore stop being stupid little bitches

By asdfghjkl on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 10:16 pm: Edit

anyone else had an experience with this ?

By no one on Thursday, February 06, 2003 - 06:07 pm: Edit

the moral of this thread so far is that students work for the GPA to get into college and don't give a crap afterwards. interesting

By - on Thursday, February 06, 2003 - 07:50 pm: Edit

i got into cornell ed and my my semester gpa was a 4.0. i slacked off, yet maintained my grades. anyway, don't slack too much people. why take the chance? you can obviously earn the good grades.

By JSwanzzz on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 07:14 pm: Edit

Here is my situation: I got into Bowdoin College ED (yay!) and then in January I developed a medical condition called Bell's Palsy (partial facial paralysis on the right side of my face). I am worried that if my grades drop my acceptance will be taken back. I have always gotten straight A's and now I am concerned that some of my grades might drop to B's. What do you guys think? Thanks.

By JSwanzzz on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 07:20 pm: Edit

Here is my situation: In December, I found out that I got into Bowdoin College ED. Then in January, I developed a medical condition called Bell's Palsy (partial facial paralysis). I have always gotten straight A's and now I am concerned that I might get a few B's. What do you guys think?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page