Need realistic advice- acceptance after deferral

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: Need realistic advice- acceptance after deferral
By Periwinkle1586 (Periwinkle1586) on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 04:37 pm: Edit

I received my letter from the College of William and Mary yesterday that I was deferred. I wasn't surprised because I did not expect to get in, but, of course, it still hurt...a lot. I just need to ask for some REALISTIC advice. William and Mary does not reject and defers everyone not admitted. Does this mean that I have absolutely no hope the second time around? I definitely won't just sit here and take it. I will call the admissions office, etc. I think what really killed me were my SAT scores. I only had a 1220. 600V and 620M. I have over a 4.0 GPA and am in the top 5% of my class. My ECs are just fine. Does anyone have any suggestions about the ACTs. I have just about given up on the SAT and can't take them again because I have to take the SAT II the next time they come around. I am Asian, well actually a pacific islander, with Hispanic lineage on both sides of my family. The thing is, I didn't mark down hispanic on my application. I need help, but please REALISTIC advice is necessary. THANKS!

By Xyz155 (Xyz155) on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 04:38 pm: Edit

Are you in-state?

By Periwinkle1586 (Periwinkle1586) on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 04:54 pm: Edit

oops...I forgot, YES I am in-state

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page