UC Important UC sending scores, resume and recs

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: UC Important UC sending scores, resume and recs
By Tlo (Tlo) on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 02:47 am: Edit

Is there anyway you can send recs and resume into UCs? So do I need to send in my SAT scores to each individual UC school I apply to? Do you think they need to be rushed? Also, should I send in AP scores?

By Ellemenope (Ellemenope) on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 10:59 am: Edit

No recs, no resumes. You do need to send SAT scores to each individual UC schools to which you apply. They do not need to be rushed. Order them now if you haven't already. Do not send AP scores.

By Tlo (Tlo) on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 12:58 pm: Edit

i just called the UC customer service and they said you don't need to send anything, including SAT scores until after acceptance.

By Ickyfoo (Ickyfoo) on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 03:51 pm: Edit

if thats true, tlo, i'm gonna be pissed. i just wasted 32 bucks sending score reports to them.

By Ellemenope (Ellemenope) on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 06:23 pm: Edit

Tlo--this is from page 4 of the instructions to the UC application (which is available in PDF form):

"You are responsible for making sure that the testing agencies report your scores directly to the Admissions Office at each campus to which you apply. If you are applying for fall term, the Admissions Offices must receive your test results from the agencies no later than the date in January when December test scores are normally reported."

Are you sure that the customer service rep wasn't talking about AP results? Because the application is pretty clear that SAT/ACT results need to be received by them sometime in January.

By Polly (Polly) on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 08:02 pm: Edit

Why not AP scores?
I mean, done't they care AP scores at all?

By Steffie1212002 (Steffie1212002) on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 12:40 am: Edit

An EOP rep said that you didn't have to, but it was preferred -- but I'm not going to spend $30 to humor their preferences!

By Kitaab (Kitaab) on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 01:23 am: Edit

Polly:
There is a space to self-report AP/IB scores on the UC app. I imagine UC is trusting applicants to be honest about their scores on those tests; if they aren't, after all, they can kiss their admission goodbye as soon as the school finds out.

That said, I don't know how much the UC system looks at AP scores in the admissions process, especially given their comprehensive review process. Maybe someone around here can shed a little more light on the subject.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page