Chances at Emerson College?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: Chances at Emerson College?
By Stoptheworldnow (Stoptheworldnow) on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 09:27 pm: Edit

A friend of mine applied EA to Emerson College, but is afraid he won't get in. Any reassurance?

His stats: GPA: 3.3 (unweighted) 4.5 (weighted) Top 20% (50/265) SAT I : 1100 (580 V, 520 M), Co-editor of the school newspaper (Design Editor and Exchange Editor in his junior year), Secretary of French Club, Secretary of Drama Club (Been acting for 4 years [leads in school plays] and on stage crew for 1 year), Been in Forensics for 4 years, Volunteered at the local Humane Society a few hours a week for two years, Had a job in the summer

He had very good recommendations, an excellent essay, and sent in good writing samples.

I realize his GPA and SATs are low, but they have been getting better every year. He has taken 3 APs (the most the school offers is 5) and the rest of the classes are accelerated except for two academic math classes. His senior year schedule is: statistics, senior bio, AP european history, journalism, french 5, and AP english.

What are his chances? He's from PA by the way. What are some other good options for him?

By Whzup44412 (Whzup44412) on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 10:36 pm: Edit

Is this "friend of mine" really you?

By Stoptheworldnow (Stoptheworldnow) on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 06:52 am: Edit

Yeah, I figured that trick was too old, but I was afraid of being ripped apart by people with way better stats.

By Kinshasa (Kinshasa) on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 10:48 am: Edit

My son graduated a therapeutic emotional growth boarding school in CA in 12/00. He was accepted to Emerson with a 3.12 GPA (no APs or honors), 1080 SAT. This was for spring admission but he deferred to September.

Feeling better now?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page