Possible Alternative for those with 1200 SAT scores

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: February 2003 Archive: Possible Alternative for those with 1200 SAT scores
By Amin on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 08:23 pm: Edit

I am a Canadian student applying to several US schools, but I would like to post some information for those who they are "doomed to attend a community college" according to some posters.

If you have a 1200 score, and are still trying to get a good, sub-ivy league education, I would like to point out there there are some good Canadian schools you may be able to get into to.

Canada has several very good universities in Ontario, for example the University of Toronto is constantly ranked high and has very diverse and successfull programs. It's engineering department is very strong, and one example of its dedication to the future is that it has the first (and perhaps still the only) nanoengineering undergraduate program in North America.

Anyway, I am just trying to point out some alternatives for those losing hope of a 'decent' education.

By Loll on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 09:24 pm: Edit

What I wonder is why do you "need" to go to an Ivy in order to have a "good" education? Who says you can't get just as good an education at say, Penn State, as opposed to University of Pennsylvania?

By 2 on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 02:20 pm: Edit

Um... Penn State sucks. It blows. Jocks rule, classes are huge, and you never talk with your profs. But there are tons of great liberal arts schools where 1200s are acceptable and the education is great.

By dfjg on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 01:00 am: Edit

RIT, the Rochester Institute of Technology...they accept anyone (literally).

By Pwirth (Pwirth) on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 01:43 pm: Edit

There are plenty of good scho0ls accepting kids 1100 to 1200 , some very good schools after all 1000 put you about fifty percent above you and fifty percent below you and as they go up the percentages go up..do not think that everyon in the world has sat of 1200 or above the percentages just do not support it.

By Pwirth (Pwirth) on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 10:49 pm: Edit

you can get admitted to a very decent school in this country with a 1200. rememebr 1000 is the median score on the SAT so with a 630 in say math that , the 83 percenile for the country only 17 percent of the students score higher..it si just the peole posing all the are thosepeople and they ahve nothing better to do as other people have real lives out in the world.

By eric rivera on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 11:14 pm: Edit

if u have good extracurriculars, apply to ucberkeley. some consider it the best college in the U.S. (don't yell at me, that is some people's opinion); many people with scores lower than urs get admitted (altho many with very high scores get in too).

By azn on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 12:57 am: Edit

dude, berkeley barely looks at EC's. pple who r dumb get in cuz of calstate laws saying top X percent of kids in each HS get auto-accepted into uc system (yes, 100% mexican schools included).

also, why canadians always do it doggy style??

Answer: so they can both watch the hockey game!

By notincali on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 09:01 am: Edit

Yea azn! Out of State students are not even considered unless they have great stats.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page