Majors at UC

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: Majors at UC
By Qwerasdf (Qwerasdf) on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 09:33 pm: Edit

Ok, here's what i'm told. For alternate majors, I am told that you should select an alternate major that is OUTSIDE the school of your primary major.

For example, I'm applying for Electrical Engineering. My alternates are currently CE or Materials Science at the UCs. However, I was advised by my college prep place that I should choose something outside of the school of engineering.

Is this true? Its hard to believe, but these guys have called the UCs many times. I need confirmation

By Jennyzsong (Jennyzsong) on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 09:40 pm: Edit

probably, because I think they accept/reject you according to the school, and if your backup is in the same school, you also get rejected, yes/no? If it's in a different school they will look at it all over again :)

By Gracie (Gracie) on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 11:19 pm: Edit

what's the point of applying through a major anyway? can't you just "decide" to switch majors after you're admitted?

By Ellemenope (Ellemenope) on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 11:41 pm: Edit

Majors aren't important unless you are applying to specific majors that are over-subscribed which are very competitive. . computer engineering, dance, some others. For those competitive majors, it would be very difficult to switch into.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page