Unique UPenn response? Or just plain stupid?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: Unique UPenn response? Or just plain stupid?
By Alejandro157 (Alejandro157) on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 10:51 pm: Edit

You have just completed your 300-page autobiography. Please submit page 217.

“You killed him.”
“He deserved it… never seen such a pitiful jerk in all my life.”
“But he was just a fish!”
“’But he was just a fish!’ Yeah, and I’m just a cat. If you ask me, he had it coming. Floating back and forth in that little bowl, getting fat off your daily ‘little pinch’ of food. Doing nothing but staring at me, mocking me with little kisses.”
“He was breathing.”
“Fixed that, didn’t I! Aw, poor Blue never had a Christmas. What am I, dog food? I’ve never been inside for Christmas, and I’m seventy-six years old!”
“Seventy-six! You crazy cat. How do you figure?”
“Oh, boy. Here’s how it works. The first six months of a Felis domesticas’ life equal thirteen of your Homo sapien years. The next six months equal eight years. That’s twenty-one years so far—you follow? The next year is really ten years, and every year after that is the same as three years. So, while you think I’m seventeen, I figure I’m seventy-six. Get it, gill-lover? Cat got your tongue?”
“I… I just don’t remember ever teaching you math.”
“What have you ever taught me? I’ve been on the streets my whole life. You learn things. All this time, I’ve been waiting for this moment. Now is the time.”
“You’re talking like a crazy person…err…feline.”
“Am I? That’s right, look around. No way out.”
“Oh my… you blocked all my doors! All my windows! How do I…”
“Yes, that’s right. Look at the cat door. Go ahead, stick your head in. Now, try your arm first. Can’t get out? Ironic. My only way in is your only way out. I couldn’t get in all this time because you had closed it on me. Now you can’t get out even when it is open.”
“You… you’re mad!”
“More than you know.”
“Get away from me! No! No!...”

Like I said, I had lots of crazy dreams.

By Cuspidor (Cuspidor) on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 11:10 pm: Edit

I think it's not quite the page of the autobiography de adcom would like to read. There is nothing that differences you there from the next application on the pile. It could be your crazy dreams, or your nieghbour's.

By Alejandro157 (Alejandro157) on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 11:18 pm: Edit

I thought maybe it would fit these parameters:

Your intellectual abilities, your sense of imagination and your creativity are important to us. With this in mind, please respond to one of the following three requests.
1. You have just completed your 300-page autobiography. Please submit page 217.

I also thought it'd stand out, and show some writing ability.

Did I think wrong?

By Raunak00 (Raunak00) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 11:00 am: Edit

What is the essay saying about u????????

By Almostdead (Almostdead) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 11:19 am: Edit

interesting story that tells little of yourself. a bit risky.

lol, i wish I had done something like that though after I got admission to my dream school. Just to see if I can get in elsewhere with crazy essays... but now's too late :(

By Virgo007 (Virgo007) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 12:40 pm: Edit

I don't like it that much. Sorry.

By Xoxo (Xoxo) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 01:28 pm: Edit

I think it is very entertaining...which might hold their attention after reading so, so many similar ones. Perhaps figure out a way to make it fit the topic a little more...lots of ways you can "introduce" it so it fits as is. Good luck

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page