Need help on Stanford Question

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: Need help on Stanford Question
By Exy1e (Exy1e) on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 07:24 pm: Edit

One of stanford's prompts is to "simplify simplify simplify" and blah blah basicaly its asking
scaling back your possessions, what would you keep, and why?
for this question, should i just talk specifically about one item and just get very detailed or should I cover a few items? I believe this answer can be quite long, like a page in length so im debating whether to talk about a few possessions.
and when i talk about posessions, should i talk about wierd ones? like the glow in the dark stars that line my ceiling... or more like the yearbook I got from one camp..

By Jennyzsong (Jennyzsong) on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 08:07 pm: Edit

i would suggest talking about one. then you can focus on it; if you have more than one it will sound ecclectic and hard to link together, also the point is simplifying.

i tried to do that essay and wasn't able to lol, i used the photo one instead.

By Exy1e (Exy1e) on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 08:11 pm: Edit

hm. ugh maybe i could opt for the photo. because if i talk about one possession, why not take a picture right? I'm thinking about talking about these glow in the dark stars in my room. does that sound unique and that it might work?

By Jennyzsong (Jennyzsong) on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 08:21 pm: Edit

if they have some sort of deep meaning and you can pull it off, it could be very unique and interesting. it all depends, as with most topics. but having only one possession is definitely more workable than having a few to talk about.

By Exy1e (Exy1e) on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 08:26 pm: Edit

awesome, thanks a lot. its super hard for me to start these essays so its nice to get some feedback from people to help guide me.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page