People to People Program

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: People to People Program
By Healthy_Body (Healthy_Body) on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 04:41 pm: Edit

Is the People-to-People Student Ambassador program bogus? They sent me a brochure.

Is it kind of like those other bogus youth leadership things or National High School Scholars or Who's Who or is it for real?

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 04:49 pm: Edit

It is a real organization. I know several kids who have participated in one of their programs and enjoyed themselves. However, it's not something that you are really selected for (they send thousands of these out to mailing lists) and it probably won't add much to your college applications. Bottomline: if it's something you'd like to do, do it --- but don't spend the money thinking it's some sort of honor to participate.

By Pennylane (Pennylane) on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 05:56 pm: Edit

I've always gotten invitations to their student ambassador trips, but unfortunately, I never had enough money to attend any of them.

By Clickspring (Clickspring) on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 09:43 pm: Edit

My cousin traveled Europe with People to People and had a really wonderful experience. My next door neighbor went to Ireland with them too. THey're legit.

By Whzup44412 (Whzup44412) on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 11:17 am: Edit

It's a wonderful program, but not something that will get you into college. There is an interview process, but I was told that it's just there to separate out the "losers" as one person mentioned. The program is very expensive, something like 6,000 dollars for the 6 or so weeks. My friend went to New Zealand and Australia one year and had the best time of her life. Don't do it if you're looking for something to put on your college app, do it for fun.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page