How do university rate college classes i'm taking right now

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: How do university rate college classes i'm taking right now
By Mjl86 (Mjl86) on Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 05:53 pm: Edit

I'm taking a 100, 200 and 300 level university courses right now and I'm a senior. How will they [ie Brown and Cornell] view the classes? Are they the same as AP? By the way, I'm also take AP classes

By Matthias (Matthias) on Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 08:28 pm: Edit

I'm in the same boat. What university are you taking classes at? That has some bearing.

Currently at Dickinson College, I've completed Calculus I, American Government, Intro. Phyiscs I, Intro. Physics II (4.0 avg...yeah!!)

And then right now I'm taking Calculus II and Discrete Mathematics. In the spring I hope to be taking Calculus III and a political science course.

I bet it depends on the institutions that you are applying to, if they will accept them for credit or not, if not that you could still probably take one of the preliminary tests at the beggining of your freshman year to test out of the courses.

As far as I know, colleges view other colleges courses at at least the same level as AP, if not higher. Since you're taking 200 and 300 level courses, they would probably weigh those more than AP. Taking college courses from a local university certainly shows initiative and is a big plus.

By Mjl86 (Mjl86) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 02:43 pm: Edit

too bad my university sucks, it is the university of southern maine, a no name school. but oh well, it is at least better than nothing

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page