U Michigan Admissions??

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: U Michigan Admissions??
By Mitwannabe (Mitwannabe) on Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 03:41 am: Edit

What's the deal, is it first come first serve, like is it bad if i wait until like the Feb 1st deadline, should I apply now, someone's saying they applied in September already and got into Umich, and i'm kinda freaked that I have to hurry this up to get a spot, someone HELP!

By Drusba (Drusba) on Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 07:01 am: Edit

Like many state colleges, it is rolling admissions, meaning decisions are sent out as applications are received. Those who apply earlier have a distinct advantage over those who apply late. So yes, get your application done ASAP.

By Orangeclock (Orangeclock) on Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 09:31 am: Edit

I received an email saying they are reviewing my application. I sent it in Nov. 3. Do you know how long it takes Michigan to review an application?

By Studiousvegetar (Studiousvegetar) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 08:14 pm: Edit

I was already accepted to U of Mich. engineering. I applied in Sept. heard back in Oct. I will most likely go there. Go Blue!

By Studiousvegetar (Studiousvegetar) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 08:16 pm: Edit

Call them and ask the status.

By Jenlikewhoa (Jenlikewhoa) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 09:21 pm: Edit

way to go vegetar.. im total jealous.

By Jenlikewhoa (Jenlikewhoa) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 09:37 pm: Edit

if u of m doesnt send me my fricken rejection in like the next week im going over there and politely asking them to put me out of my misery.

By Studiousvegetar (Studiousvegetar) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 10:49 pm: Edit

Jenlikewhoa, r u in-state? Some kids heard back last week, so maybe you'll hear back soon.

By Clickspring (Clickspring) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 11:12 pm: Edit

U Mich will be full by January...don't wait another day to apply

By Jenlikewhoa (Jenlikewhoa) on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 12:01 am: Edit

im out of state, illinois. so itll prolly be a little longer.

By Rmehney (Rmehney) on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 12:34 am: Edit

Jen, I live in-state and have not heard back from michigan either :( I only know of one person from my school that has gotten in...otherwise, no one else has heard back to my knowledge. Usually about 60 apply from my school, with 40 or so getting in. My counselor called not too long ago and they told her they were very behind because of the new procedures and most people will have to wait 12 weeks for a decision, with most of decisions being mailed out in December. I really do not want to get deferred because I know I'll probably never get in then, and Michigan is the only place I want to go. I am having serious thoughts about postponing college and re-applying if I get rejected, or even staying home and attending a local university so I can transfer.

By Jenlikewhoa (Jenlikewhoa) on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 11:56 am: Edit

same here! ive wanted to go there since like... forever... itll be a disappointment if i get rejected but i will probably transfer my sophmore year. michigan is a badass school... if we both get in itll be a party at collegeconfidential. :)

By Orangeclock (Orangeclock) on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 01:47 am: Edit

vegetar -
I applied for aerospace engineering.

How long after they stated to process your application did it take to get a response? Thanks.

I am afraid to annoy umich with my questions, or I would call and find out my status.

By Orangeclock (Orangeclock) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 05:42 pm: Edit

vegetar-
How many weeks were there between when you sent your application in sept. and got the answer in oct.?

By Rmehney (Rmehney) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 06:06 pm: Edit

As I can recall, Studiousvegetar applied around the first week of September and heard around Halloween. I applied September 8th and live in-state as well, and still have yet to hear back :(

By Jenlikewhoa (Jenlikewhoa) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 06:14 pm: Edit

ya know... i hear that if it takes longer to get a response it could be a good thing. reviewing your application more in depth perhaps.
then again whos knows

By Studiousvegetar (Studiousvegetar) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 10:29 pm: Edit

Some kids at my MI high school heard back this and last week, so maybe your letters are in the mail! Good luck everyone.
Orangeclock- I'm BME or chemical engineering

By Becks777 (Becks777) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 10:49 pm: Edit

i ve not even applied yet...is it too late for engineering?

By Jenlikewhoa (Jenlikewhoa) on Thursday, November 20, 2003 - 01:30 pm: Edit

nope, ur still good.... but get it in soon.

By Alfro8704 (Alfro8704) on Thursday, November 20, 2003 - 04:23 pm: Edit

I am in-state and applied for early decision to the College of Engineering on October 11, and received my acceptance letter yesterday. If you do your math, thats approximately 39 days. However, I did not receive my email notifying that they began reviewing my application until November 6th. A few of my friends that were accepted during the month of October had applied a month earlier in Sept. Generally it takes roughly 5-6 weeks to get a decision (even though they may say as much as 12 weeks), but that number will probably rise over the next few weeks. I attended a tech day held at U of M on Nov. 8th and our group of prospective students received the opportunity to talk to a panel of admissions officers and current students. One of the officers told us that it is critical to get in your application by Thanksgiving. Also they prefer online applications over a hard copy, although they will give equal consideration to each. Besides, it gets into their system much faster. Good luck to all applicants.

By Greenlight (Greenlight) on Friday, November 21, 2003 - 08:44 am: Edit

HI there I'm a int. student from Singapore thinking of applying Umich...i didn't know it was a rolling ed thing..
SO should I still apply???

I'm having my A'Levels ending next thur...I think i can get my essay done in 2 days??

Still in time?

By Heatwave345 (Heatwave345) on Friday, November 21, 2003 - 04:48 pm: Edit

i just got mine two days ago. I got into the College of Engineering (Materials Engineering)

Here's what i know about the UoM admissions process;

-in-state and out-of-states are seperated (non Michigan Residents will have to wait longer)
-after u get an email saying that they begun to review you app, expect a decision soon.
-they send the decisions out in groups. (i know there was on in mid october, and there was just one in mid-november, so maybe once every month???)

GL to all that applied!!!

By Greenlight (Greenlight) on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 07:17 am: Edit

hey i'm an int. applying Umich...
I want to apply online. are we supposed to send all the teacher ev, transcripts etc. 2 weeks before we apply online?

anyone done that before??

By Rmehney (Rmehney) on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 04:57 pm: Edit

Heatwave, I got an e-mail saying they were reviewing my application in September... lol I still haven't heard back, I am in-state. So, obviously that isn't true.

By Greenlight (Greenlight) on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 07:46 pm: Edit

anyone??

By Greenlight (Greenlight) on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 07:47 pm: Edit

anyone?

By Orangeclock (Orangeclock) on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 10:18 pm: Edit

Dont worry about it. They wont throw out your application if it's pieces don't come in the right order. Just concentrate on sending each part of the application as soon as you possibly can.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page