More on Columbia Application Status

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: More on Columbia Application Status
By Soulofheaven8 (Soulofheaven8) on Friday, November 14, 2003 - 12:55 pm: Edit

Ok, so it's been almost two weeks since the ED deadline. However, on my application status page, it still says that one of my teacher's recommendation form is not yet received/processed. My teacher told me that he did send it before the deadline, if so, why hasn't it been processed yet? Are everyone experiencing similar delays?

By Vivian (Vivian) on Friday, November 14, 2003 - 03:59 pm: Edit

Yes, that is the same with my Teacher B recommendation... same scenario...

The case is: If they have ALL your other documents (H.S. transcript, secondary school report, App Parts 1 and 2, etc...), then they will continue the evaluation process with just ONE teacher rec. That's the cold, hard truth. They need to keep going. One is sufficient enough for them, I suppose. Two is better. Three is desperate.

Hope that helps.

By Soulofheaven8 (Soulofheaven8) on Friday, November 14, 2003 - 05:11 pm: Edit

Although they claim that an application will be ready for evaluation with only one recommendation, I'll be miffed if I end up being rejected simply because others had great recommendations and I only have one.

By Godis (Godis) on Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 10:27 am: Edit

how do you access your application status? is there a username or something? i just had my interview last night, so columbia must have received my application. however, where's this status page?

By Soulofheaven8 (Soulofheaven8) on Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 11:54 am: Edit

You should have gotten an email with your Columbia ID, then you can go to their admissions page and track your application.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page