Picture in Essay?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: Picture in Essay?
By I1lmatics (I1lmatics) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 07:27 pm: Edit

Quick question.. I'm writing my essay about my families "pos" car (the thing is godawful) and how i have grown from being so embarrased by it to not caring what people thing.. i even drive it.. do you think i shoudl include a picture at the end of my essay of the car or no..i'm thinking it may be unique

By I1lmatics (I1lmatics) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 07:28 pm: Edit

think*

By Deusexmachaera (Deusexmachaera) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 07:32 pm: Edit

No. I know it's cliche, but the essay is about you, not the car.

By Kad (Kad) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 07:52 pm: Edit

i was thinking about sending a picture of me along with the application to my ED school. heh.

By Neona (Neona) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 08:28 pm: Edit

If you're ugly, you might get rejected because of that picture.

By Adxj220 (Adxj220) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 09:18 pm: Edit

send it. they have a sense of humor.

By The_Slc_Bug (The_Slc_Bug) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 09:23 pm: Edit

That is a great essay topic. Include it!

If you have time, you should have someone take a picture of you next to the car. That would be perfect.

By Abyss (Abyss) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 10:11 pm: Edit

neona- cmon seriously no one is going to get rejected on basis of looks. but looks can tell some things about your personality and your attitude toward life (like depending on your expression). it'll never be enough to reject to you however. itll just add to the "whole" picture.

By I1lmatics (I1lmatics) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 10:44 pm: Edit

slc bug i was just thinking the same thing! ha

On a side note, university of miami acutally asks each applicant to send in a picture of themself.. found that interesting

And in response to the rejected if ulgy post.. by no means am i perfectly satisfied with my looks but i don't think im in a position to be turned down for being ugly ha.. i used to do modeling for some small time magazines

..Thanks a lot though guys for the input.. i think i'm going to go with the picture

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page