Where to apply?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: Where to apply?
By Nin10do (Nin10do) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 06:40 pm: Edit

I am from Western PA, looking for a decent sized school for engineering or education.

GPA - 3.6
SAT- 930
I never do good on these kinds of tests, however I am retaking them in December.

I have a bunch of EC's, etc..

Well, I was hoping to get into Penn State main or Pitt main, but I don't see that happening. I might have to settle for a branch campus, unless you help me out on this.

Thanks

By Jenlikewhoa (Jenlikewhoa) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 06:54 pm: Edit

Purdue in West Lafayette, IN is good for engineering.. not terribly difficult to get accepted to either.

By Neona (Neona) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 07:00 pm: Edit

I agree with the Purdue suggestion.

Also, try taking the ACT instead of the SAT if you don't do well on the SAT. It's allegedly the easier of the two...

By Clipper (Clipper) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 07:09 pm: Edit

Purdue isn't that difficult to get into if you are from Indiana but out of state it is hard. Why would you say Purdue is easier than Penn State anyway when Purdue is ranked higher in engineering than Penn State?
I agree, take the ACT - it is easier than the SAT. But if you can't break 600 on the math portion of the SAT you should look at something other than engineering. The math will kill you no matter what college you go to.

By Nin10do (Nin10do) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 09:03 pm: Edit

I am very good at math. I think I messed up marking them somehow on the test.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page