Activities that don't fit - Attached? Erg!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: Activities that don't fit - Attached? Erg!
By Drago (Drago) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 06:46 pm: Edit

I am applying to MIT, Vassar, CMU, Ithaca College, Mount Holyoke, and RIT.

On all of my applications, I have ECs that won't fit. All of the things I plan to list were/are things that I worked hard on...I didn't just sign up for clubs, etc.

But there were some things I was forced to drop Junior/Senior year. The two main reasons are that three of the activities' faculty members left and, for the third (theater) I took over as director, which ate up all my time. But I played a major role in the activities sophomore/freshman year - I held president for one of them.

So yes, I have at least 6 or 7 things that overflow in the extra activity area - what should I attach? Should I just list the title I held with the club? Should I mimic the form on the app? Should I make a PDF with the exact form?

Should I attach nothing at all?
Thanks,
drago

By Bobby443 (Bobby443) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 08:25 pm: Edit

you can put all your activities on an activity resume instead of using their form

By Xoxo (Xoxo) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 01:39 pm: Edit

many apps say to fill out the grid, even if you are going to attach a resume...read the application carefully... you don't want to make them cranky and look like you cannot follow directions

By Drago (Drago) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 03:46 pm: Edit

That's what I'm worried about - that and I'm kinda wondering if they'll look at the resume, too...

drago

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page