UC Essay question

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: UC Essay question
By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 04:18 am: Edit

The third UC essays asks the following: "Is there anything you would like us to know about you or your academic record that you have not had the opportunity to describe elsewhere in the application?"

They also state that their rationale for asking that question is this: "This questions seeks to give students the opportunity to share important aspects of their schooling or their lives - such as their personal circumstances, family experiences, and opportunities that were or were not available at their school or college - that may not have been sufficiently addressed elsewhere in the application."

Well, I don't have any family tragedies or bad grades to explain, so I'm a little stumped on this one. I was just going to write about one of my EC's that I didn't really get to talk about anywhere else in the app, but in light of the "rationale" that they give, would that seem a little off-topic?

By Anon098098 (Anon098098) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 08:45 am: Edit

No, no. This isn't an essay. It's an optional section to give you someplace to explain extenuating circumstances or whatever. If you have nothing to say, don't waste their time with "fluff"

By Darussian (Darussian) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 11:26 am: Edit

I'm also thinking about writing maybe about an ec.

By Abibored (Abibored) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 11:35 am: Edit

What are the UC essay questions? I can't access them on my computer for whatever reason.

By Becks777 (Becks777) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 12:43 pm: Edit

anon08864646456456 this is not optional...it is a required personal statement

By Brianp (Brianp) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 01:49 pm: Edit

I wrote about my hour-each-way commute to school. Think that's close enough to being on topic? (It's boring enough)

By Ickyfoo (Ickyfoo) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 01:50 pm: Edit

i used one of my princeton essays ("tell us about yourself") for that question.

By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 05:40 pm: Edit

Yea...I just don't want to be off topic and annoy them...it's just I don't have anything special to say

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page