Silly and frivolous...should I list anyways?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: Silly and frivolous...should I list anyways?
By Steffie1212002 (Steffie1212002) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 11:26 pm: Edit

I was voted "Most Irresistible" by the senior class. Would this be a good thing to list on the apps, as it would give me more personality ;)

By Chrysanthemum (Chrysanthemum) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 11:51 pm: Edit

no

By Steffie1212002 (Steffie1212002) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 02:06 am: Edit

coughdownercough
Anyone else? :D

By Nop86 (Nop86) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 02:30 am: Edit

no

By Thedad (Thedad) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 04:07 am: Edit

Oh, god, you type just so gorgeously and I wish I were 20 years younger and--

no.

By Anothersuitcase (Anothersuitcase) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 10:18 am: Edit

No.

By Steffie1212002 (Steffie1212002) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 02:02 pm: Edit

TheDad: Yes, I know I'm a sexy typer, the way my fingers graze the keyboard, the way my hair falls over my face as I type a particularly nasty sentence, the way I lick my lips....

LOL okay, I get the idea, I won't put it on my app

By Clipper (Clipper) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 02:26 pm: Edit

What about Most Likely to Succeed?

By Abyss (Abyss) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 03:22 pm: Edit

Why not? I think it's cute, and i think the judgement of your class is a good thing to know. Colleges want interesting characters- someone thier entire class enjoyed.
Is there any way you can get your counselor to mention it on his/her essay about you? - it's reasonable that they mention everything applicable to the school setting.

i thought it was good!

By Metz (Metz) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 03:34 pm: Edit

Abyss may be right about having your COUNSELOR mentioning it. That might help you. But if you mention it yourself, it'll probably sound kind of ridiculous.

By Steffie1212002 (Steffie1212002) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 04:00 pm: Edit

Good idea, Abyss, you always have good judgement tho so I shouldn't be surprised. I'll see if my counselor will mention it in a sentence somewhere on his rec. :D

By Anothersuitcase (Anothersuitcase) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 04:04 pm: Edit

I second Metz's proposal.

But I don't believe that "the judgement of your class is a good thing to know." For example, if the majority of the class condoned hazing and the high school had a nice reputation for it . . .

In short, it should only be on your application if someone else (preferably a person of some authority) mentions it.

By Drago (Drago) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 05:59 pm: Edit

I'm guessing "Most Pessamistic" would be a no, right?

drago

By Abyss (Abyss) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 06:40 pm: Edit

;) thanks steffie
haha drago, it'd be amusing if you added a humorous twist to that subject and discussed it in your "anything else?" section. but it would be a delicate enterprise, for you don't want to rub an adcom the wrong way.

anothersuitcase, all i was trying to say is that colleges want personable people. dartmouth even requests a recommendation letter from a FRIEND. of course, your personality is a factor [a can-help-but-usually-can't-hurt factor]. after all, every adcom will tell you that arrogance does not pass by them well. it is a factor.
another tip, anothersuitcase, we're all typing fast here, nothing too philosophical, so be more lenient on my words. yes i did say "the judgment of your class is a good thing to know." and that may be convoluted way of getting my point across, but i did not speak in black and white terms. you took my statement out of context; it cannot stand alone. and, the probabilities of a class condoning hazing, and the implications that enshroud this circumstance are irrelevant.

By Northstarmom (Northstarmom) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 07:07 pm: Edit

I think that "most irresistible" might impress people at a party school. I think that adcoms at the very top colleges would think that a student who not only got such an award, but put it on their application was some kind of ditz or thought that having sex appeal was the key to admission.

By Anothersuitcase (Anothersuitcase) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 07:31 pm: Edit

Abyss, forgive me if I offended you with my words. They were meant in a light-hearted, sarcastic way, although I obviously failed at making that clear.

By Steffie1212002 (Steffie1212002) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 10:23 pm: Edit

NorthStarMom, by no means am I ditz, and I seriously doubt my "sex appeal." My friends and I just voted in block, and I think other people heard about what we were doing and joined along too. I'm actually quite a nerd :D If we hadn't had done that, I'm sure I would have won a yawn-worthy award like Most Likely to Suceed or Best Chin or something.

Sorry, but I just didnt want people thinking I was a ScarletWoman!Steffie

By Abyss (Abyss) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 10:58 pm: Edit

;) it's k suitcase.

By Minibrit (Minibrit) on Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 10:24 pm: Edit

I think they thought it said "most resistable"

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page