Thank You notes

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: Thank You notes
By Fissionman (Fissionman) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 06:58 pm: Edit

Hi, I have a qustion about thank you notes. In regards to an interview, I had one about a week ago and was wondering if I should mail my interviewer a Thank You note, but I was wondering how long it should be and what it should say besides thank you for your time. Any input would be helpful, THANKS

By Soulofheaven8 (Soulofheaven8) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 07:01 pm: Edit

My Columbia interview was two weeks ago. I wrote an email to my interviewer immediately after. I simply said that I appreciate her time, and that through talking to her, I gain an even more profound understanding of myself.

Just make it short and to the point, nothing too fancy, and nothing too sentimental either.

By Godis (Godis) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 07:04 pm: Edit

"profound understanding of myself."

how is that not fancy?

By O71394658 (O71394658) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 07:31 pm: Edit

Just say something like, "I appreciate you taking your valuable time to talk to me. ______ remains my #1 school, and I will definitely keep you updated on how my acceptance turns out."

By Ariesathena (Ariesathena) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 08:30 pm: Edit

How about something like "thank you for your time/the time you spent interviewing me. I very much enjoyed meeting you and appreciated your insight into _____ ."

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page