Analytical essay?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: Analytical essay?
By Skyelr (Skyelr) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 03:05 am: Edit

http://members.aol.com/rebeldress/change.html

skimming through this, would you say this essay's "analytical" in nature? (i need to submit an analytical writing sample to colleges and i'm not entirely sure what that involves.)

if you'd read some and give me your opinion, i'd appreciate it! thank you <3<3<3 skye

By Crazee8 (Crazee8) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 08:56 pm: Edit

Yes, that qualifies as an analytical essay and its a very well-written one too. You seem very talented at writing, would be interested in reading and critiquing my essay if I emailed it too?

By Crazee8 (Crazee8) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 08:56 pm: Edit

Yes, that qualifies as an analytical essay and its a very well-written one too. You seem very talented at writing, would be interested in reading and critiquing my essay if I emailed it too?

By Skyelr (Skyelr) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 10:48 pm: Edit

i'll critique it if it doesn't have to be due until a few weeks from now-- this is a bit selfish of me, but i just have sooosoomuch to do these following two weeks that i can't take on the load of reading somebody else's paper. i appreciate your comment, though, and will critique yours in a few weeks if that's okay.

thanks
skye

By Sidestoner (Sidestoner) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 11:07 pm: Edit

Why use the word "unfortunately" to describe the eradication of the "berdache," which, according to you and your sources, was essentially a culturally institutionalized form of pedophilic sodomy?

Excluding such implied bias, your paper seems more descriptive than analytical, though one could make a strong case for its "analyticalisness."

P.S. You don't need a comma in "...in one of two ways: male, or female." There are other errors in punctuation and grammar. If you decide to send this in, I suggest a more thorough proof-reading.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page