Hey y'all, anyone from florida up in here?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: Hey y'all, anyone from florida up in here?
By Puppy (Puppy) on Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 12:30 pm: Edit

Hey I want to go to USF- New College in Sarasota. I know that school's really big on national merit and i want to know if any of you know what the score is for commended scholar in fl? Does anyone know hard it is to get in there?

By Averageasian (Averageasian) on Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 01:19 pm: Edit

Straight from Princeton Review:

Public University
Enrollment: 650
Admissions Selectivity: 97
Average SAT: 1330
Average ACT: 27
Average High School GPA: 3.90
Top 10% High School Class: 51%
$3249 Tuition In-state
Total Applicants that are accepted: 65%

Not sure how accurate the 97 admission rating is... Top Ivy leagues are like 99. It's REALLY small school composed of pretty good scholars.

By Laceycheer (Laceycheer) on Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 03:53 pm: Edit

Hey puppy. you live in FL?

By Anothersuitcase (Anothersuitcase) on Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 04:15 pm: Edit

I've heard it's about as hard as getting into UF (University of Florida in Gainesville.)

I can't confirm the rumor, but it has a good reputation even in the outskirts of Miami.

By Puppy (Puppy) on Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 05:13 pm: Edit

yeah that 97 thing confused me, but maybe its harder cause its a state school and they re going by national average

By Puppy (Puppy) on Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 05:17 pm: Edit

ha im a resident of both florida and south carolina, getting commended on the south carolina PSAT probably isnt too hard i imagine, I think we're worse in the nation in education. But are all the psat cutoffs 200 or something?

By Skyelr (Skyelr) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 02:32 pm: Edit

i think i'm applying there.
they'll probably reject me, though, because i'm a high school dropout. we'll see.
but by the way, new college has nothing to do with USF anymore. it's just called new college of florida.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page