Squash or tennis?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: Squash or tennis?
By Justice (Justice) on Thursday, November 06, 2003 - 02:48 pm: Edit

Should I play Varsity B tennis or JV1 squash? They're both my school's second squads; we have three. The only technicality is that seniors are allowed to play on Varsity B tennis whereas they can't play JV1 squash. Even though squash is winter and tennis is spring, I can only do one this year because I have another committment that I have to do for at least two seasons.
Do you think JV1 squash looks better for an app or Varsity B tennis?

By Soozievt (Soozievt) on Thursday, November 06, 2003 - 04:59 pm: Edit

Pick the one you WANT to play. 'Nuf said.

By Justice (Justice) on Friday, November 07, 2003 - 10:42 am: Edit

bump

By Driver (Driver) on Friday, November 07, 2003 - 12:26 pm: Edit

Unless you play varsity at a recruitable level, colleges will be more impressed with consistency in your pursuit of a sport, rather than which sport you choose. For example, nationally ranked squash players are in demand, because there are fewer of them than tennis players, and squash is big at the Ivies and many elites. But adcoms aren't going to care which sport you played at the JV level. They will be much more interested in seeing that you stuck it out for four years, played some tournaments, etc. in one sport or the other.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page