Can you type on this application?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: Can you type on this application?
By Darussian (Darussian) on Thursday, November 06, 2003 - 10:23 am: Edit

Someone please help. Check out this application and tell if you find some way to type using acrobat reader. Thanks.

http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions/undergradapp/download.html

By Emyh (Emyh) on Thursday, November 06, 2003 - 12:20 pm: Edit

I filled it in by hand. I have the full version of Acrobat Reader. It's not type-able

By Smiley (Smiley) on Thursday, November 06, 2003 - 09:06 pm: Edit

This is what I do...

Use the snapshot tool to take a picture of the page from the PDF version. (Snapshot tool is in Adobe 6.0, which is free). Then paste it into Word (it is a bit blurry). Then size it so that it is IDENTICAL to the original (this may take trial and error). Then use text boxes so that you can type in whatever font you want. When you are finished, delete the background (the photo of the page). Print out the original PDF copy of the app (not filled in, but clear). Then feed the paper back through the printer and print on your responses. It took me many hours but led to a pretty neat final copy.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page