ESSAY AND RECS FACTOR

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: ESSAY AND RECS FACTOR
By Financelad (Financelad) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 10:19 pm: Edit

DO u think an excellent essay and a very good recs will help me norrow in on some of the bridge between My low SAT SCore of a 1210?
I did my essay and my teacher said that if he was an admission counselor he would give me admission. but we all know that we can't trust english teachers

You think it helps? cuz I have been thru sum pretty amazing stuff and I have an interesting life story ( i used it for my essay).
SO please help! will it or any other suggestions?

and also does being #1 player in thet eam help me towards my admission ?
#1 player on the varisity badminton team

By Liera (Liera) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 11:28 pm: Edit

really depends on where you're applying to. a state university would want you. an ivy league... tough, hard to say. how are your SAT II scores?

By Financelad (Financelad) on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 12:03 am: Edit

oh I am not taking them lol :(

By Dancer (Dancer) on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 06:27 am: Edit

Colleges look at GPA/class rank also. If you have a strong GPA/rank, I think that helps to balance the SAT score at most colleges. Plus, a really strong essay that makes you stand out in a positive way certainly can't hurt. Anyway, a 1210 SAT is only considered "low" by highly competitive colleges. As Liera said, it all depends on where you're applying.

Honestly, everything I've read about the college admissions process makes it sound like a crap shoot...lol. So who really knows..........

By Virgo007 (Virgo007) on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 01:01 pm: Edit

SAT II's are required by most Ivies.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page