How do they even know?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: How do they even know?
By Averageasian (Averageasian) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 09:35 pm: Edit

Some colleges provide a few lines to describe past EC accomplishments and awards but how would they confirm these are actually true? I don't see anywhere where i provide reliable references or ANY info that can support the value of my awards. Do they just consider awards like National Merit and other distinguished awards or are they just bestowing all trust in the applicant?

What is stopping anyone from saying they've accumulated 4000 hours of community service through their high school years and have been involved in 100 school sponsored clubs?

By Welshie (Welshie) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 10:03 pm: Edit

I'm pretty sure it has been covered before on this bored and the verdict was that there really isn't any way to check. However, if you have insane amounts of EC, colleges will certainly raise an eyebrow and check on it, somehow.

-Jesse

By Becks777 (Becks777) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 10:16 pm: Edit

if u het a 500 on SAT math but say u won a math state competition...they will surely check..wont they?

By Liera (Liera) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 11:31 pm: Edit

hahaha yea, but you could've had a major flu or accident that day or something.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page