Common application or UC?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: Common application or UC?
By Darussian (Darussian) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 01:54 pm: Edit

Hey, I'm applying to only one UC and I was wondering if you guys think I should use the common application or the uc application for it? The thing is, I don't really want to write the three essays that the UC's make people do, but maybe that would in some way be better than a typical common application?

Note: Either way, I'll be using the common application or the uc application for only one school because I have completed all the other school's personal applications.

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 04:42 pm: Edit

Does UC even accept the common application? I thought they required you to use the UC application.

By Taekwondoee (Taekwondoee) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 07:44 pm: Edit

The UC system does not accept the Common Application. So, if you want to apply to a UC, you have to use the UC Application.

By Darussian (Darussian) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 10:10 pm: Edit

Is this a fact? Someone please help.

By Andrey1225 (Andrey1225) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 10:32 pm: Edit

da, on prav. y ni nada sporiz s'nim.

the UCs do not accept the common app--they are really big on filing dates and want to make sure everyone has the exact same format on their application because they'll probably recieve close to 100,000 for all campuses combined. Trust the rest of us...we know what were talking about.

BTW, the UC app is due on nov 30 and can be found at www.ucop.edu through the pathways application section.

By Darussian (Darussian) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 11:27 pm: Edit

ok thanks. you have a good essay. where do you live?

By Taekwondoee (Taekwondoee) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 11:40 pm: Edit

Yes, its a fact...if it wasn't I wouldn't have posted as if I knew what I was talking about..:)

Good Luck!

By Andrey1225 (Andrey1225) on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 12:46 am: Edit

I live in orange county....

Was born in Odessa and came in 1990

What about you?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page