Special Instrument Talent - tape it?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: Special Instrument Talent - tape it?
By Davidn08 (Davidn08) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 07:55 pm: Edit

I'm 16: been playing piano for 8 years and guitar for 2.

I'll be majoring in something like math or engineering, but I hear I can still make a tape to help me get in to the top colleges.

Where can I get details about that? How many pieces? Will I need to perform live? Any specific pieces?

By Andy7733 (Andy7733) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 08:55 pm: Edit

I myself just made a CD for college admissions purposes. As far as pieces go, thats up to you. You can have multiple pieces, or just selected parts of certain pieces, though for piano I would play the full piece. Check your phonebook or ask around about people who have high end audio equipment who can help you record your pieces.

By Momx4 (Momx4) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 10:29 pm: Edit

Check the websites for the colleges you are applying to to see if they have rquirements concerning performing and fine arts supplements to the application. For example, Stanford and Duke require that the music supplement be of a certain format, while you can send any supplementary performance samples for Penn and Pomona.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page