Common App--- Photocopy????

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: Common App--- Photocopy????
By Lostgirl (Lostgirl) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 12:23 pm: Edit

I Understand that the teachers can fill up the common app once and xerox it and then send in the copies over and over again.....but can we do it..i mean can we fill out our forms only once and photocopy it and send it to others... or would it look like we are not "really" serious about applying to that college??

By Bee (Bee) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 03:37 pm: Edit

Fill out the Common App online.

You can type all your info into the pdf file and then print out as many copies as you want. They will all look like originals and you only had to fill it out once!

By Lostgirl (Lostgirl) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 12:09 am: Edit

but my essay doesnot fit in the space provided!!!

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 10:52 am: Edit

I haven't tried this, but I've heard that you can import if from someplace else (like MS Word) that will allow you to shrink the font size, then just cut and paste into the Common App.

By Bee (Bee) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 06:10 pm: Edit

Just print out a copy of your essay how you want it and staple it to the Common App. Then write "see attached essay" in the provided space. (This is what I did...the colleges had no problems with it)

By Momofsenior (Momofsenior) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 09:15 pm: Edit

If you want to condense the essay you can copy and paste it to notepad which you'll find in accessories. It's possible that it will still not fit on the essay page but it will be included in your online application on an additional page following the application.

By Smiley (Smiley) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 11:03 pm: Edit

This is what I do...

Use the snapshot tool to take a picture of the page from the PDF version. (Snapshot tool is in Adobe 6.0, which is free). Then paste it into Word (it is a bit blurry). Then size it so that it is IDENTICAL to the original (this may take trial and error). Then use text boxes so that you can type in whatever font you want. When you are finished, delete the background (the photo of the page). Print out the original PDF copy of the app (not filled in, but clear). Then feed the paper back through the printer and print on your responses. It took me many hours but led to a pretty neat final copy.

By Lostgirl (Lostgirl) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 01:47 pm: Edit

ummm... thanx everyone.. i do have a lot of options now.. ill try all of 'em ans see which works best!. but Bee's suggestion is certainly the simplest one. Are you sure the colleges wont mind that "attatched on a separate sheet" thing? the commonapp says that we can do it though...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page