Asian in politics a hook?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: Asian in politics a hook?
By Sw4y (Sw4y) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 12:16 pm: Edit

asian in politics a hook?

im an intern for my representative and won a big public service award from senate president and speaker of the house of massachusetts

By Sw4y (Sw4y) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 12:16 pm: Edit

oh yea i plan to major in political science in college

By Sw4y (Sw4y) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 12:17 pm: Edit

i heard that schools care if you are a girl and you are into physics. im just wondering if you are a minority and into a mainly white major: political science

By Matlm (Matlm) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 04:15 pm: Edit

Im not sure. But hey did you like interning? I hated it, I found it to be really boring. I got all my interning hours in, and what I do now is do special projects for state delegates where i work outside of the congressmans office doing research, but I am not at the whim of th epeople in the office, I dont have to answer phones, take out trash and all of that jazz for them.

By Sw4y (Sw4y) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 05:19 pm: Edit

i liked it cuz of all the hot female interns. kept me motiviated

By Abyss (Abyss) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 05:37 pm: Edit

lol. nuff said

By Sw4y (Sw4y) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 05:44 pm: Edit

yea i like worked so hard. the girls were like impressed. no joke if you want to go on dates go work for the government as an intern. the girls are out going like whoa and as long as you dont discuss politics (they get worked up about it too much) they are so sweet and nice and they are like lets have lunch/dinner again.

By Matlm (Matlm) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 07:23 pm: Edit

Oh deffinetly bro. The most beautiful women work in politcs, and they are on capital hill. It's a known fact.

By Justice (Justice) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 08:50 pm: Edit

Being an intern is always a solid job but there is nothing particularly special about an Asian in politics. There are a good number of Asians in the House and Asians are actually overrepresented in political majors and clubs on most campuses. Sorry it's nice but it's nowhere close to being a "hook" of any kind.

By Sw4y (Sw4y) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 10:12 pm: Edit

really? at brown there are no asians or any students of color in his poli sci class. he was teh only person of color in a class of 30

By Interested123 (Interested123) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 11:24 am: Edit

i think more than 30 people are taken polysci at Brown bud. stop trying to make yourself feel better and go write a killer app - thats a good hook.

By Sw4y (Sw4y) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 01:09 pm: Edit

whoa whats with the aggression. there are more than 30 ppl taking political science at brown but there is only 30 ppl in that class.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page