Am I all right? Said: 'Submitted November 2"

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: Am I all right? Said: 'Submitted November 2"
By Thelazyone (Thelazyone) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 01:16 am: Edit

However, this was Eastern time, and since Stanford is on the West coast, I would assume they would go by PST, by which it was still November 1...

By Tarrasq (Tarrasq) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 02:39 am: Edit

if it makes you feel any better, i am in the same situation ( i am also applying to stanford, and submitted it 20 minutes ago)
someone know the answer?

By Alise (Alise) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 11:00 am: Edit

i believe the time tracks the time on your computer, so you shoulda just tried to fudge a little with your computer's time...

By Iska (Iska) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 05:22 pm: Edit

Relax, you're ok. You only really have to worry with state schools. They have very rigid guidelines, because of lawsuit issues. GaTech, e.g., if you didn't get your apps in by the stroke of midinght, 10/31, their time, you are forever out of competition for Presidential Scholarships. Privates fudge a little.

By Mehere (Mehere) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 07:55 pm: Edit

Alise, are you 100% positive about Stanford will accept late applications? How did you know that? Do you know if the same thing will apply to Princeton Financial Aid application? Thank you for your help.

By Metz (Metz) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 07:58 pm: Edit

In "A is for Admission" the author (an ex-adcom at Dartmouth) said not to worry about stuff being late. Most of the apps aren't even read for a couple of weeks. And there were cases of Dartmouth accepting apps over one month late. One of the reasons is because the school looks better if they have a higher number of people that apply. I'm sure it won't matter.

By Tarrasq (Tarrasq) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 08:13 pm: Edit

well i have the final word anyway. i emailed tech support for the online stanford app people, and i got this response:

Customer - 11/02/2003 03:21 PM EST
I submitted my early action application 11 pm pacific time on november 1st, but when I checked my submission, it said that I had submitted my application november second, 2 am E.S.T. Did my application make it? Stanford is in pacific time too.

Response - 11/02/2003 03:36 PM EST
The deadline was 2.59 a.m. EST. It looks like you made it before the deadline.

By Kewkiekid (Kewkiekid) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 07:39 pm: Edit

private schools totally fudge. i'm applying ED to Scripps. the deadline was november 1st, but since i was at a preivew day oct 31 where i decided they were my first choice, i was given an extension until Nov. 15th. not just me either, like 50 of us.

:)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page