Taking SAT II after a AP course?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: Taking SAT II after a AP course?
By Bluesea1988 (Bluesea1988) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 08:32 pm: Edit

I'm taking Biology right now but I don't know if I should take the SAT II Biology in June 2004 or wait until I take AP Biology to take the SAT II? Have any of you done that (wait until AP course to take the SAT II)? Thanks for any comment!

By Bluesea1988 (Bluesea1988) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 08:35 pm: Edit

I know this is kind of silly, but...

By Ickyfoo (Ickyfoo) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 08:40 pm: Edit

take the sat ii in may, right before you take the ap.

By Studiousvegetar (Studiousvegetar) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 08:44 pm: Edit

I took the SAT II molecular bio in June right after the AP test. I got a five on the AP test and a 700 on the SAT II. I used the Cliffsnotes book to prep. good luck.

By Bluesea1988 (Bluesea1988) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 08:49 pm: Edit

Thanks a lot!

By Skiesofamber (Skiesofamber) on Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 11:41 am: Edit

Wait to take it for as long as you can!

I took AP Bio last year as a junior and decided to try the SAT II Bio in April. I got a 710. Then, I took it again in May (after I had spent a lot of time studying for the AP) and got a 780. It really does make a difference.

Oh yeah, one of the reasons I improved so much was that the first time I took it, I had no clue there would be so much anatomy! We hadn't learned that yet for AP Bio, so the extra month made a major difference.

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 01:09 pm: Edit

Try to take the SAT II at the point where you feel that your knowledge of the subject has "peaked". If you are going to take an AP course, it would certainly be better to take the SAT II after that if you can.

By Zephyrmaster (Zephyrmaster) on Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 03:20 pm: Edit

I took the USHistory SAT II before finishing my AP US History class, and scored a 750 (my best SAT II score). I got a 4 on the AP test though...

By Bluesea1988 (Bluesea1988) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 10:05 pm: Edit

But some people said that you can take the SAT II right after your Biology course, if you have a good teacher and a strong biology background, right?

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 10:48 am: Edit

"you can take the SAT II right after your Biology course...?"

Of course. That's what most people do, because most people are only going to take one year of biology. But if you plan to take an additional year of biology anyway, it would be better to take whatever tests you plan to take after you have had as much biology as possible.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page