Does any of this discussion really matter?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: Does any of this discussion really matter?
By Chrisq (Chrisq) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 07:54 pm: Edit

Okay, I'm going to play devil's advocate here for a moment. I periodically browse these forums, because they occasionally contain good information about admissions. I have even engaged in a few post-test discussions on the SAT board to try to figure out my score. So, I'm far from innocent by any standards. But, please, once your application is sent (and usually even before it's sent) asking people on this forum to evaluate your "chances" is a waste of time. This behavior is such a bizarre psychological phenomenon that I felt like bringing it up in a thread. Do the opinions of fellow forum members really matter? Pretty much all EA and ED discussion is moot, starting tomorrow, because the deadline will have passed. Are we just wasting our time?

Discuss.

By Dancer (Dancer) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 09:27 pm: Edit

It's called T H E R A P Y. lol

By Becks777 (Becks777) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 09:35 pm: Edit

man....i so hate pumpkin

By Neo (Neo) on Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 03:40 pm: Edit

You ate a raw pumpkin just because it was Halloween?

By Abyss (Abyss) on Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 03:52 pm: Edit

?
Back to Chrisq's question. Yes, it is a waste of time. Of course these people aren't qualified to evaluate each other's chances. No one can be for sure unless it's the adcom. However, some people need help deciding where they should apply and that's how we can help one another.
I'm not sure what the "What are My Chances?" thread achieves.

By Becks777 (Becks777) on Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 04:16 pm: Edit

i hate the sight of a pumpkin

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page