GPA conversion

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: October 2003 Archive: GPA conversion
By Mical (Mical) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 04:07 pm: Edit

I'm applying for a scholarship, but it requires me to give it an unweighted GPA. I have the weighted GPA. Is there any way I can convert it quickly?

I also have all my grades. If I can't do a quick conversion, how can I find my GPA from that?

By Massdad (Massdad) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 04:25 pm: Edit

This is easy: on a four point scale, A=4, B=3 etc.

plus and minus? A- = 3.7 B+ = 3.3

You get the idea. Average it up. Weighting means you add something to each, such as 0.5 or 1.0 for honors and AP. Makes for strange GPAs.

By Mical (Mical) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 04:31 pm: Edit

Thanks Massdad. Looks like it'll be a lot of number crunching for me.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page