People lying about AP scores?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: October 2003 Archive: People lying about AP scores?
By Sid_Mathur (Sid_Mathur) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 12:15 am: Edit

I was just wondering, since the AP scores are not on the score sheet if u choose not to send it to a particular school, can't you just lie about your AP exam score on the application? I'm not planning on doing this since I already got 5s but I was wondering if people could lie about their score and colleges not notice.

By Welshie (Welshie) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 12:20 am: Edit

Not to hijack the topic, but how important are AP scores if you don't plan on using them as Gen Ed credits?

-Jesse.

By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 12:27 am: Edit

I had the College Board send mine to the school, because the Georgetown app didn't have any space where you could fill them in. Hopefully College Board sends it to the admissions office

By Exit_Now (Exit_Now) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 12:46 am: Edit

Being on a very limited budget, I was hoping to just report my current AP scores on the apps and then have them sent to the college I end up attending. Does anyone know how colleges will look on this (reporting the AP scores but not actually having an official score report sent during the admission process)?

By Sid_Mathur (Sid_Mathur) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 01:32 am: Edit

yeah, that's one of the main reasons I made this post. I am reporting that I got a 5 (which I did) on one of my exams to a school but I never sent them an official score report of it so I was wondering if others that really got lower could lie about theirs if they didnt officially send it in to a certain school. Could anyone please answer this question? thanks

By Jamimom (Jamimom) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 09:24 am: Edit

Many high school transcripts report the AP score. Also, be aware that even after you are accepted, the colleges request additional information, ie your final transcript and they can also ask for your AP scores. If you have lied. Your acceptance can be rescinded.
Most colleges do not heavily count the AP score. They just look at the number of AP courses you have taken to give you an evalation on your highschool curriculum. That is why they do not ask for the official score. They do not have a section in their evaluative form for the scores. They scrutinize and use the SAT1 &2 and they count directly in their acceptance formula. It isn't worth lying about the AP score, even if you are dishonest enough to consider it. Pragmatically, the upside is small and the downside is huge--you can lose your acceptance.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page