Wabash College

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: October 2003 Archive: Wabash College
By Mrpancake_2000 (Mrpancake_2000) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 04:39 pm: Edit

Who knows anything about it? Just got a thing from them saying I'm a semi-finalist for a full tuition scholarship...

By Mrpancake_2000 (Mrpancake_2000) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 08:20 pm: Edit

anyone?

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 10:01 pm: Edit

Well, it's an all male school with only about 800 students. Good academics, good grad/professional school placement. They have many alumni in top business positions and a strong alumni network. They have a large endowment so give out lots of financial aid and merit scholarships. People who have visited have reported a huge frat atmosphere with lots of hard core drinking. Maybe the drinking is because any social life involving women revolves around driving to sorority parties at schools like DePauw, Butler, Purdue - otherwise it's all men all the time. Make sure you visit to find out if it's the right type of school for you.

By Mrpancake_2000 (Mrpancake_2000) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 10:23 pm: Edit

That's a small school! But, it seems like it might be good, but I have never considered an all-male school because I wasn't interested in that. If they pay for me to visit, I will go check it out. The drinking thing doesn't bother me too much, but it is something to think about if the ONLY social life is drinking. Thanks for the info so much!

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 10:33 pm: Edit

Wabash has very good academics and lots of successful alumni - definitely visit to get a sense of what the social life is like. Let us know what you find out, OK? Best of luck.

By Mrpancake_2000 (Mrpancake_2000) on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 10:23 pm: Edit

Well, it is official. I am going on a visit on the December 6-8. If anyone is interested in finding out anything, let me know and I will tell you about it when I get back. I am a little nervous for my interview for a full tuition scholarship. Does anyone have any idea about what they might ask. I am dreading the "why Wabash?" question because I really don't know why Wabash. That's why I am going to visit. If anyone could help me, it is much appreciated.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page