Essay on Cocaine Use

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: October 2003 Archive: Essay on Cocaine Use
By Anand_Patel (Anand_Patel) on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 11:49 pm: Edit

NEU and Umass Ahmerst want essays about things that affected me. Seeing some of my friends do coke for the first time affected me, is this too hardk0re of a subject to right about?

By Chrysanthemum (Chrysanthemum) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 12:23 am: Edit

no, i think it could be quite interesting as long as you convey the message that that event affected you in a strong way and made you change a perspective on something or soemthing like that.

By Afk (Afk) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 01:26 am: Edit

I've heard not to write about your drug use. But if it's not you, it should be ok.

(Because colleges really don't want drug addicts or criminals at their school.)

By Uncchlocalmayor (Uncchlocalmayor) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 01:27 am: Edit

sounds good, write on it.

By Northstarmom (Northstarmom) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 10:09 am: Edit

I think that your choice of subject would be a mistake. My guess is the adcoms would wonder why you choose to have friends who use cocaine, and why you stuck around while they were doing something that illegal.

By Clickspring (Clickspring) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 01:10 pm: Edit

Yeah, don't write about that unless you called the police on your friends, which led to your friends arrest and the arrest of the people they acquired their drugs from. Adcoms don't want students who will sit by and watch their friends partake in illegal activities without taking action.

By Anand_Patel (Anand_Patel) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 02:53 pm: Edit

hmm, im not sure anymore

By Abyss (Abyss) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 05:14 pm: Edit

make sure you are in no way related
there is no doubt that these werent your friends, and you will always say no to this situation
though personally i cant see what kind of story you can make of this

By Coureur (Coureur) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 07:33 pm: Edit

Even if you put a good spin or outcome on it, drug use a very unsavory topic. I'd avoid it if I were you.

By Dancer (Dancer) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 09:20 pm: Edit

have to be careful about that 'guilt by association' thing.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page