What % of your H.S. goes on to 4-year college?





Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: What % of your H.S. goes on to 4-year college?
By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 04:13 am: Edit

My counselor told me that 30% of the students at my school typically go to 4-year universities.....does this seem low to anyone else?

By Crnchycereal (Crnchycereal) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 07:42 am: Edit

Yeah....wow, that does sound pretty low. I think over 90% of my school goes to 4-year schools.

By Nhlgoalie (Nhlgoalie) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 09:52 am: Edit

100% at my private school

By Folk_Hero (Folk_Hero) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 09:57 am: Edit

97% at my suburban public

By Winterfresh (Winterfresh) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 11:46 am: Edit

Yeah 30% is extremely low. Is your school really urban? My school is around 65%

By Folk_Hero (Folk_Hero) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 02:41 pm: Edit

Maybe that's because the community college system is so popular in CA?

By Ellemenope (Ellemenope) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 06:46 pm: Edit

25% at our local high school in suburban Southern California. Great and cheap community college system will account for some of that low figure. Also, school is "bi-modal"--40% Hispanic, 40% white.

By Chasgoose (Chasgoose) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 07:01 pm: Edit

100% at my private school

By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 07:22 pm: Edit

Yea, a ton of kids at my school go to a local community college. But geez, this is really going to make my school look crappy. It's going to make my class rank (3 of 518) look less impressive, as well as my grades (4.0 UW)

This sucks....

By Me1 (Me1) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 07:32 pm: Edit

90% 4 year, 8% 2 year, 2% none/other (usually the 2% is either learning-disabled students or students from other countries who go back to their other countries, although we had one senior last yr. got to LA or Hollywood or something to become an actor).

By Abyss (Abyss) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 07:35 pm: Edit

trojan, it might help you that you've "excelled"
my school is 94, but that's because com. college is unthinkable here.

By Ickyfoo (Ickyfoo) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 07:38 pm: Edit

14% at my suburban california distinguished school. everyone goes to the community college because they are lazy asses.

By Liera (Liera) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 07:52 pm: Edit

25% 4-year university
25% 2-year colleges
rest 50%... who knows?

By Culovv (Culovv) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 08:02 pm: Edit

100% private. Id say 30% go to JC, 25% cal state, 20% UC, 25% private/out of state

By Blackminority1 (Blackminority1) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 09:57 pm: Edit

100% Private at my private school, about 90% out of state

By Baseballtwin86 (Baseballtwin86) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 10:04 pm: Edit

About 30 to 40% at my suburban public high school, even that number is probably a bit high school. I think around 50% go on to community college and about 70-80% of those going to a 4-year college are going in state.

By Rowan (Rowan) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 11:12 pm: Edit

40% community college
30% 4-year

1700 student So. Cal school. About 75% of the community college go to one of the "triumvirate" community colleges that are the shortest distance. People don't like to stray from home, either; a good 30% of the others go to local 4-years (Redlands University, UC Riverside, Calarts, etc.)

By Studiousvegetar (Studiousvegetar) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 08:25 pm: Edit

95%+ go to college, including community colleges
Maybe 80% go to four years, but only about 25% go to "real" four year schools.

By Calidan (Calidan) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 08:29 pm: Edit

98% at my suburban public in cali. (it's known for sending a very large percent of students to 4yr. colleges and is one of the best publics in northern california) :)

By Gianscolere (Gianscolere) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 11:28 pm: Edit

99.9% because one student deferred admission to an ivy for a year because he was feeling kinda burnt out

at jones and OFHS (schools i attended last year), it was 100% and 65% respectively.

By Winterfresh (Winterfresh) on Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 01:52 pm: Edit

Yeah, if a CC is around, that definitley affects who goes to a four-year college. Every year at my school, it's like 90% of the seniors go to Montgomery College. I hopefully wont be one of them this year =)

By Roark57 (Roark57) on Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 04:58 pm: Edit

more than a third of last years graduation class (about 300 kids) from my high school went to an ivy. thats NOT georgetown, stanford, caltech, mit, johns hopkins, etc. just ivies. its so sucky, there's INTENSE competition

By Olive_Oil (Olive_Oil) on Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 05:09 pm: Edit

Roark57-- What school do you go to?

By Useatoothbrush (Useatoothbrush) on Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 05:15 pm: Edit

For Class of 2003 at one of the top public high schools in Washington: About 36% to out of state schools, 34% in state -- overall 70% at 4 year colleges. 22% at community/tech schools. So I guess 92% pursue higher education of some form and the other 8% bum around and ski with daddy's money.

By Lightyears (Lightyears) on Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 06:01 pm: Edit

95% or more go to college in general, about 80% go to a decent 4 year college...my high school is just a very suburban-public school in michigan

By Kewkiekid (Kewkiekid) on Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 07:00 pm: Edit

same southern Cali issue. most go to community college.

like 30% or so go to 4 year schools


Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page