Creative writing supplement?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: October 2003 Archive: Creative writing supplement?
By Anya (Anya) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 08:56 pm: Edit

Question: I noticed Pomona lists "creative writing" on their optional supplemental material stuff. I'm wary of sending anything because I don't know that, at the moment, I have anything that stands well on its own and represents my "talents", unless they want a full-length novel (which I think it would be very pretentious to send...) but my major point throughout my whole app is that my life is creative writing, I'm trying to get novels published, this is what I want to do with my life... so will they be confused if I don't send anything?

By The_Slc_Bug (The_Slc_Bug) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 09:36 pm: Edit

I applied to Cornell about a month ago. I wrote my primary essay on the role of creative writing in my life, and then sent a supplemental creative writing sample. This is not my academic field, however; I am an anthropology major. If you'd like, you can send an example to me at sjohnson@slc.edu

Thus, I know a little bit about writing; I am taking college-level NonFiction Workshop (yes, I am a prospective transfer student). I would be happy to give you my opinion on your work--and no, not a general one, just regarding whether or not you should send a sample.

By Antigone (Antigone) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 09:47 pm: Edit

I'm not applying to Pomona but I'd just like to say to Anya that I'm the very same way! I'd like to grow up and write fictional novels--though I'm writing one now. I don't know how good it is though O-o

By Anya (Anya) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 10:08 pm: Edit

to s., thanks, I'll probably take you up on that offer- really appreciate it. Antigone- go novel writing! What's the one you're working on right now about?

By Anya (Anya) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 10:13 pm: Edit

to s., thanks, I'll probably take you up on that offer- really appreciate it. Antigone- go novel writing! What's the one you're working on right now about?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page