Applying Early Decision to Virginia Tech... Need help!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: October 2003 Archive: Applying Early Decision to Virginia Tech... Need help!
By Ageorgis (Ageorgis) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 05:46 pm: Edit

Hi!!! As some of you may know, I've been struggling with choosing the right college for me and have to accept that I can't get into all those big colleges yet... Well I've looked around and it appears as though Virginia Tech is the college for me! I'm in state, so that helps alot, and I've sent off my application today online... But I have a few questions...

First:

There's no thing on there for community service that I've done. There was just clubs and sports... Same thing with the paper application too. What should I do with all of those countless hours of community service/extra curricular actives I've done?

Second:

No mention of teacher recommendations... I'm in a situation where it would REALLY help me out to have a teacher paint a positive picture of me, but there's no mention of them. Should I send a recommendation to them in the mail?

Third:

My chances of getting in, I guess...
STATS:

GPA: 2.4 (Will be higher once semester grades come in January)

College GPA of 4.0 with 9 credits completed (NOT including AP tests)

SAT I: 1220

Writing SAT II: 630... I'm taking it again next month, with prep before hand this time, BARRONS WRITING SAT II BOOK IS IN THE MAIL!

ECs:

Model UN Director Position 2 years
Varsity Wrestling 2 years
Mock Trial 1 year
Latin Club 1 year
Employed all 4 years in high school, same job for 3 of the years

Then there's the TONS of community service which I'm not quite sure how to approach...

SPCA work
District Supervisor campaign work
PTA work
Nursing Home volunteer
Church Youth Group

Of course, I wrote about explaining about my GPA, etc. etc. in an essay talking about myself.

Also, I'll be applying for the Political Science major there, which supposedly isn't very popular at Tech.

Well, any evaluations and help would be nice!!! Thanks so much!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page