Is this good?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: October 2003 Archive: Is this good?
By Noshiksagoddess (Noshiksagoddess) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 02:36 pm: Edit

There is a theater in my town where I have been an asst. director, committee menber, and actor. My own company has also used this space for fundraisers and other shows and done benefits for this theater. The artistic director is an alum of Northwestern and is close friends with the dean of theater and several other faculty members.

Can I ask him to write a reccomendation even if he's not a teacher per se?
Can I ask him to write a letter to the dean about me, recommending me and maybe getting my folder flagged?

By Swtaznangel4eva (Swtaznangel4eva) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 02:40 pm: Edit

no, that would be cheating and unfair to me... yes, me... you can do it if youre applying regular though =)

By Folk_Hero (Folk_Hero) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 02:43 pm: Edit

I don't know about the letter to the dean. People like Rachel Toor (Admissions Confidential) and Michelle Hernandez (A is for Admissions) say you should not try to get recs from people just because they're famous or alumni, but I don't know if that applies here. As for the extra rec, go for it! Lots of people have recs written by coaches and employers.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page