PARTY OR ACTs?! PLZ ANSWER ASAP

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: October 2003 Archive: PARTY OR ACTs?! PLZ ANSWER ASAP
By Gigglz (Gigglz) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 05:16 pm: Edit

*PLEASE HELP ASAP!*
okay guys this isnt the REAL gigglz [the girl who regularly uses this], i'm her friend janet, but yeah she's letting me use this for a question. there's an ACT testing going on tommorrow morning and i'm NOT registered, but i was thinking of paying extra and doing a walk-in [i already have the packet and everything, and lots of peeps do this]. i got a 27 on my last ACT, and i think it's good enough to get into most of my schools, and i was just thinking of retaking it tommorrow to try for a 28 or something.
But there's also a really big party at Mizzou tonight that my senior friends from last year invited me to [Mizzou is about 2 hrs from where i live, so i'd be staying overnight and coming back tommorrow morning, meaning I wouldn't be able to take ACTs], and it would be awesome to see them again since i haven't in a long time, and i heard its gonna be phat..hahaha...so yeah..this wont come around often. I also have one more chance at the ACT if i feel like it, in the December testing [i believe Dec 13?]
so yah, i'm not technically registered for ACT tommorrow, so should i walk in and pay like $50+ to try and get an extra point, or travel to Mizzou and party hardy? [which sounds SO much fun, i havent let loose in awhile!]. Does one point on the ACT really make that much of a difference?
PARTY OR ACT? u guys decidE!!! AND FAST! it's 4:14PM and i've got to decide before 6:00PM!!!

By Gigglz (Gigglz) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 07:47 pm: Edit

ok nevermind, i decided to take the mothereffin ACTs again tommorrow, LOL. But still reply, i'd like to see what some of you would have advised. haha

By Ceetotheizzle (Ceetotheizzle) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 08:00 pm: Edit

i've decided to not party taking the ACT tomorrow too if that makes u feel better. We'll get drunk some other time...maybe after the ACTs.Just tell me when and where the party's gonna be at

By Afk (Afk) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 12:04 am: Edit

Good choice. You could always have another party. But ACTs decide (sort of) the rest of your life.

By Dschnapps (Dschnapps) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 06:55 pm: Edit

"ACTs decide (sort of) the rest of your life."

I know most people here are in their own little hyper-anxious college-striving overachieving world, but reality check please.

By Ycnan7 (Ycnan7) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 01:45 am: Edit

This message is late, but I would have gone to the party. It didn't sound like you were mentally ready for the ACTs anyway, and taking it in December would have given you more time to prepare and would have saved you money.

By Influx (Influx) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 03:20 am: Edit

Is a 30 on the ACT good at all?

It doesnt seem like a good score to me (percentage-wise), but it said I was in the top 97 percentile. Do people get 36's often?

By Gigglz (Gigglz) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 11:09 am: Edit

there's only like one kid in my graduating class who got a 36.
i took the ACTs, and i actually think that i did alot better. everything seemed easier for me. I'll update you guys with my scores when they come in 2 weeks! [i got a 27 last time, and THAT testing i TOTALLY was not mentally prepared for. hehe, but i have a goood feeling bout this testing.]
K, so look for an upcoming post in 2 weeks entitled, "PARTY OR ACTs?!? PART 2!"

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page