QUESTION REGARDING SATs

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: October 2003 Archive: QUESTION REGARDING SATs
By Undiluted (Undiluted) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 04:22 pm: Edit

Hi all!

I only recently got serious about college admissions.

I'm a junior... in June of '02 I took the SAT IIs in bio without any prep and did badly. It was stupid to take them, I know.

The end of last year as a sophomore I took the SAT I and got a 730 verbal 710 math. At that point I started getting more acutely involved in college admissions. Two weeks ago I took SAT I again and got 800 verbal and 660 math! Now, I know I still have a year till apps and can take the SAT again, but I don't want to take it more than 3 times. My question is, is it true that I can take a math score from one test and a verbal from another and combine them? Because then I have a 1510 combined instead of 1460. Do colleges only see the combined score? Or everything?

Do I have to worry about verbal next time I take the SAT, or only math? And about the bio grade, is there a way to withhold it?

Thank you!

By Perry (Perry) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 04:59 pm: Edit

Most colleges will take the best verbal and math scores from your various SAT I tests and combine them for a total composite score. So, yes, colleges would take the 800 verbal and 710 math.

Also, you should consider taking the bio SAT II over. SAT IIs play a significant part in the admissions process. It's important that you try to do well on them. See if you can find a copy of a bio SAT II practice book with sample tests at your local book store. Good luck to you.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page