3.552 vs 3.62 GPA! Does it make a difference?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: October 2003 Archive: 3.552 vs 3.62 GPA! Does it make a difference?
By Bear363 (Bear363) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 01:58 am: Edit

I have the opportunity to make-up a class in which I received a D. This was my freshman year and I had bad medical problems and missed a lot of school. I can re-take the course and if I get an A, which I probably will recieve, my GPA will go up from a 3.552 to around a 3.62. Should I do it? Is that a signifigant difference? The only reason I ask is because I do not want my parents to pay for it for nothing. I have received conflicting opinions. Thoughts, anybody?

By Polly (Polly) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 04:22 am: Edit

Yes, I guess so....

By Bear363 (Bear363) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 03:07 am: Edit

Anybody else have any opinions? Polly, can you elaborate? Are you being sarcastic or are you serious?

By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 03:10 am: Edit

The GPA change isn't that significant, but getting a D wiped off ur transcript is somewhat important, even if it is freshman year...

By Polly (Polly) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 03:39 am: Edit

Sorry, I've always been serious~~~.
Just I thought I don't have enough experience so I wasn't really sure.
But for me, it would look much better if you don't have a D.

By Ariesathena (Ariesathena) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 10:52 am: Edit

1. Getting the D wiped off your transcript is a good thing.

2. Showing admissions committees (and just for yourself) that you can overcome what happened to you freshman year and take steps to correct it is always a good thing. :)

So, I would recommend re-taking the course.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page