Letters of Recomendation

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: October 2003 Archive: Letters of Recomendation
By Cdrj2 (Cdrj2) on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 08:25 pm: Edit

I recently had a teacher hand-write on a form for Brown University. The responses were very positive and the letter was very favorable. My question is, should I make him hand-write the same letter 5 times for each college, or (I think I may have read this on the Yale application) would other colleges accept a copy of Brown's form in lieu of their own? I would hate to send a copy of a Brown form to Yale and other colleges, however I can not expect my teacher to write an unlimited number of letters, especially after he put so much time and care into the first.

Thanks

By Chrysanthemum (Chrysanthemum) on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 08:27 pm: Edit

Why don't you type up the hand written one and get your teacher to sign them for the other schools?

By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 08:31 pm: Edit

I don't think it makes a bit of difference if its hand written or typed. Just have him type a letter and attach it to a form for each school.

By Bunnyrab (Bunnyrab) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 03:23 pm: Edit

I asked a professor for a letter of recomendation. He is more than happy to do so. He wants me to tell him what he should put in this letter. The college is asking for my qualifications for undergraduate work in a rigorous academic program. they are also asking him to compare me with others known to him. Can you help?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page