How/where can you send "brag sheets"?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: October 2003 Archive: How/where can you send "brag sheets"?
By Addiena (Addiena) on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 01:39 pm: Edit

I'd like to send a brag sheet listing awards to certain colleges, as well as copies of two of my editorials ( I write for a local newspaper.) Can anyone give me info on where this is acceptable and what the standard format is for sending in extra stuff? I am applying to the following colleges:

Harvard
Brown
Columbia
UPenn
UChicago
Swarthmore
Amherst
Georgetown
NYU
UTexas
A diverse listing of schools, to be sure. I was thinkin of putting my name and social on the top right corners, but I don't know if sending a brag sheet is seen as annoying or as a good thing by these colleges. Does anybody know the rules?

By Ghostman (Ghostman) on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 02:23 pm: Edit

You can send them, but don't send them with your application.

By Sac (Sac) on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 02:30 pm: Edit

I don't think there is a standard format. You need to look at the instructions on each application. Columbia's has a section on supplemental material such as scientific abstracts, and I guess that would be a good guide for sending in your editorials. Harvard uses the common application which I think says something about including a resume or extra sheet, many of the applications will just issue an open invitation to send anything else you haven't been able to list in the application, but some specifically forbid a resume.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page